Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Need help in compiling textures

Greetings.

I'm trying to compile a demo wad for ZDoom so I'm going to save textures as images (.png) in the textures folder instead of using patches. However, whenever I use SLADE 3 to edit any texture (or using any other option) it simply crashes. So what I'm asking for is what is the best program to export textures as images? Also, if there was a program showed me which textures I used in a map, I'll be delighted to use that too as it will save time.

And I don't have a problem with sending the files to anyone in order to compile them correctly for me. ;)

Update: Problem solved.

C30N9 said:

whenever I use SLADE 3 [...] it simply crashes

[...]

Update: Problem solved.

How did you solve that problem?

Gez said:

How did you solve that problem?

It appears that SLADE 3 stopped crashing after several tries.

Slade crashes randomly on me as well, not sure why. I can be doing any work on images, text, copy and pasting in small and large files and it will at times randomly crash.

Random crashes are no fun, any indication in slade3.log as to what the problem might be?

Something you can try when you get weird crash is delete the configuration file and see if problems persist on a "refreshed" install. By default, it'll be in %APPDATA%\SLADE3 on a Windows system; if you have a portable install it'll be in the same dir as slade.exe.