Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
j4rio

Prboom+ & Crashes [sad story]

So, whenever I'm using -record command, my laptop spontaneously crashes within around half an hour of trying without warning or any message whatsoever. It was happenning occasionally ever since I had my laptop but that was around once or twice in month, but the frequency of those crashes got a little out of hand lately. It always happens while ingame, mostly at least 2-3 minutes in, not when activating commands in cmd. Help?

So far only noticed that it happens if -record is active.
It does certainly happen with -nomusic.
Haven't checked nosound yet.

The only time I managed to get it stable and not crash within roughly 3 hours was when after a bunch of crashes my power manager failed to launch itself on startup. That's however somewhat crude solution to keep ramming power button until power manager fails to load up.

Successfully managed to crash it with nosound and nomusic... which solves, well, not too much. I'll try to refrain from using cmd with exe shortcut, although I'm not exactly sure how to.

Grazza said:
Are you using the current version (recommended), which can always be found on this page?

I updated to 1.3 not too long ago because 1.1 started crashing. It didn't really affect it, I think.

Grazza said:
BTW (OT), I see your buddy just had a major success.

Nice, I didn't really know that. I suppose some congratulations are in order.

j4rio said:

The only time I managed to get it stable and not crash within roughly 3 hours was when after a bunch of crashes my power manager failed to launch itself on startup. That's however somewhat crude solution to keep ramming power button until power manager fails to load up.

Have you tried setting a "shut up, go away and stop bothering me" profile in the power manager?

Nope, but I uninstalled it. I was kinda surprised it's... uninstallable. Shutting it off didn't seem possible. Haven't encountered any crashes for the moment.