Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Eris vs Go 2 It

Holy. Shit.

After getting my ass kicked hundreds of times at various stages of the level - usually the point-blank Cybers - I have finally completed Go 2 It for the very first time. I was even recording all my attempts so I could capture this very important Doom milestone.

The time of 10:59 is shitty, but I'm kinda shocked I managed to stay alive in some places, like with the 3 cybers at the end. I took a huge gamble in going for a UV max and clearing out the room with the pinkies but survived that quite comfortably too.

So, am I like, not a noob anymore? :P

Well done mate. To be honest though lots of people play different difficulties and have their different style of play. I don't think you were a "noob" to begin with. :P It's nice to see that your confidence has grown more as well on taking a higher difficulty. You play a lot better than me and I've been playing UV for years. What map will you take on next may I ask?

Welcome to 1996. :)
Actually I don't think I've completed map32 either. I've only really played plutonia in coop when I started playing zdaemon and haven't really played it in single.

Congrats. :)

Eris Falling said:
The time of 10:59 is shitty

As a kid, it took me like 45 minutes to beat Go 2 It ( I was being very careful, and since then my playing style hasn't evolved much, hehe ), so I guess you can feel proud of your time.

Now you can move on to Hell Revealed. :>

Thanks everyone :)

Springy said:
What map will you take on next may I ask?

I was thinking Go 4 It, just 'cause it's a sequel :P

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
Now you can move on to Hell Revealed.

I have to say it would be nice if I could get more than 1/2 levels in every PWAD on UV without dying :P

10 minutes is actually really good for your first completion, at least compared to me. It took me at least an hour my first time due to my super-cautious playing style.

To be honest, had I not gone for maxkill, I think I would've done it under 10 minutes :/ Ah well.

I'm working on Go 4 It at the moment. Pain Elementals + Lost souls seem to make good meat-shields. Current best attempt so far is getting the red key. Met a cyber coming round a corner >_<