Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ragnor said:

Speaking of which, your Lost Levels map is one of the few remaining incomplete maps.

Open Season? I've done changes to that map particularly the coloured lighting, however the heights appear to be an issue with some areas.

Avoozl said:

I kind of like this version of the project more, especially since I wasn't really bothered with changing the heights in my psx styled original maps. :P

I personally saw no point in doing Lost Levels if we weren't going to try to be authentic about it. I wanted the Lost Levels to be PSX Doom levels, not Doom levels with slightly edited textures and darker/colored lighting.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I personally saw no point in doing Lost Levels if we weren't going to try to be authentic about it. I wanted the Lost Levels to be PSX Doom levels, not Doom levels with slightly edited textures and darker/colored lighting.

Yeah I know, I just mean I preferred to do a project with the original levels with the same style minus the layout simplications.

scalliano said:

Both versions are the same resolution, although on the Saturn they appear to have screwed up the palette transparency,

True and false. Playstation doom uses 256x240 resolution (cropped to about 256x224 or less. That's why in game there's a black border at bottom of the screen); the entire game is distortedly stretched to compensate the low resolution (that's why everything appears squashed). Saturn doom uses 352x240 (cropped to 320x200?) output without distortion (that's why everything is bigger and the HUD has more pixels). Saturn doom is missing transparency where PSX doom usually uses it, despite rendering 3D with hardware (no software rendering).