Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bananabread989

I need help, trying to set player's health and armor in doom.

It would probably pay to be a little more specific. For example, which port are you using? If you're using ZDoom or another derivative, you could probably engineer an ACS script that alters armor and health levels or maybe create a custom player class. If you're mapping in Boom or vanilla you can make a DeHackEd patch that alters health and armor when the player starts the game. I'm aware that this may be a bit confusing at first, but feel free to ask about some of the trickier aspects: I mostly specialize in DeHackEd work myself. Also, it'd be a good idea to make threads like this in Doom Editing in the future. :-)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to make to where I can gain more armor and health than what you can get in the vanilla game that's what I want to do, and I don't know anything about editing this game never tried it other than I mess around with a monster editor once.

There was no need to quadruple-post there. We don't live on the forums - just be patient!

Anyways, here is what you want to do:

Of course, since you haven't done this before, you need to learn first. And there is no better place to start learning from than the ZDoom Wiki - it's basically an online documentation of ZDoom and its features.

For the stuff above, you want to consult the DECORATE article to learn how to create "objects" like player classes, weapons, items, monsters, etc.