Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vdgg

Next demopack poll

Which WAD you think is the best choice for the next demopack?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which WAD you think is the best choice for the next demopack?

• Sector666
    • FSD
    • Eternally Yours
    • Squadron
    • Dark Resolution 2008

i voted for squadron and it seems we've both lost, heh.

dew said:

i voted for squadron and it seems we've both lost, heh.

Don't jinx it, still one day to go. ;p

With my post I was kinda implying that maybe anonymous voting isn't the best option here. I mean, anyone with a Doomworld account can vote here but how do we know that they are even interested in participating? I admit I'm surprised, to say the least, by the current leader. Not that I have anything against that wad, it just really didn't seem like people were interested in it.

I wasn't fine with how it was settled on last time either. It didn't seem like anyone was interested in anything particular, with everybody choosing loads of picks that mostly haven't even clashed. Therefore I'm rather surprised that everybody got suddenly rather picky now. I don't mind if somebody not interested in participating would vote as long as they at least played the wad and think it's worth recording on.

Another thing - wads of choice are purposefully shorter this time, especially to allow more freedom in this aspect. It won't take that much effort to record if there was little interest and would offer more second hunting possibilities and competition if there ended up being actual interest. I'd definitely do a more strict control if the wad of choice would be a complete 32-level megawad.

Memfis said:

With my post I was kinda implying that maybe anonymous voting isn't the best option here. I mean, anyone with a Doomworld account can vote here but how do we know that they are even interested in participating? I admit I'm surprised, to say the least, by the current leader. Not that I have anything against that wad, it just really didn't seem like people were interested in it.

I'm surprised there has been 17 different people voting, for the record I haven't voted because frankly given the very low possibility of me contributing something I thought it would be best to abstain and let the people who want to contribute make the decision. Either way I look forward to whatever demos get thrown out from whatever wad is chosen :)

I voted for Eternally Yours when the thread opened I probably should've stated that and yeah I've decided I'll join in.

I'll make thread tomorrow. Meanwhile, you can wreck/lock/whatever this and previous threads, since they are sort of obsolete now. Thanks to vdgg for making the poll.