Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NerdKoopa

Configuring Doom Builder for CTF?

How does one configure Doom Builder for CTF or TDM maps? I've been searching for an answer, but all I've found is conflicting information, outdated information and dead links. I have an idea for a fun CTF layout, but the configuration issue has stopped me before I've even started. Also, I don't know if I should go for Odamex or ZDaemon. AFAIK, they both accept Doom in Hexen format.

There don't appear to be any Odamex or ZDaemon config files for Doom Builder 2, apart from one I'd submitted before the file format changed. There are some for Doom Builder 1.68 and if you're not in a tearing hurry I can convert them for DB2 over the next couple of days.

Either by modifying an existing config file or using the Skulltag/Zandronum config (which uses the same Team Start and Flag thing numbers for Blue & Red as Odamex and ZDaemon) and trying to avoid using stuff that doesn't work in the target port. Or use Doom Builder 1.68, which some mappers still do despite its age.

Oops! I'm feeling pretty dumb right now... Apparently all the config files for Odamex come with the program! Now I just need to figure out how to use them.

God damn it... DOUBLE stupid! They weren't for Doom Builder after all. I'm completely clueless again.

Ok, apparently just installing Zandronum made the previously missing team spawns and flags available, but once I tried them in a test level, the flags refused to load. What the hell is going on here?!

Could you post the test level?

NerdKoopa said:

They weren't for Doom Builder after all.

If only it was that easy, I think they're server configs.

I don't know how installing Zandronum made the missing actors appear, but they do not render correctly once in game. Doom Builder 2 refuses to use zandronum.pk3 as a resource no matter where it's located. It just gives an error message about not being able to load it! I have searched high and low for tutorials on how to configure Doom Builder 2 for various multiplayer CTF source ports, but NOTHING. Just dead links and outdated or incomplete information. I'm getting absolutely LIVID! Finding this information shouldn't be this god damn hard!

NerdKoopa said:

Doom Builder 2 refuses to use zandronum.pk3 as a resource no matter where it's located. It just gives an error message about not being able to load it!

One way around that is to create a folder and unpack the pk3 to it (make sure you retain its internal structure) then add it as a "From Directory" resource.

Ok, I tried that, and now the resources load without errors, but the flags STILL appear as "missing content" sprites in game! This is just getting absurd... Seriously? No one has made a single guide on this? Not one?