Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Eternally Yours Demopack [-complevel 2]

anybody able to make a 100% secret movie for map7?Im missing 4ea

didnt really check map from 1 to 6, and map8 looks really zZz and very large. might look again to the others and good job shockboy imma have a look on your route right away

edit: lovely how the author made possible such a variety of routes possible. liked those chances already in dcv wad

burp

map10
uvmax 08:15

(my route, with a couple slight changed I noted down to follow when I'd play again the level. same goes for my map11, found out a few little time savers there)

edit: new small improvement, but some little fails made me start thinking about a 07:5x, maybe.

ey10-815.zip

Bumpy!

Yeah, a month hasn't happened anything with this so I guess we'll have to activate the bail part of plan, that is : fillers + bye. :p

I didn't really like this enough to do some serious recording even though I already know some maps inside out and don't blame anybody for having a similar stance on it. I'm way too realistic to believe some sudden magical increase of activity so I'll go ahead and ask - once this gets pushed away from table, would there be interest in different wad of similar nature? Second most voted wad back then was squadron, but if there's more interest towards whole 32-map mapsets, so be it, I don't particularly care (mlm could be good contender for that, IMO, cuz short maps). So?

I like the sound of Mini Level Megawad. That certainly has my vote as that's a very good mapset and seems to be lacking demos in places.

It's going as long as there's interest in it. And there's no interest in it. I won't force anybody to record. Once holefillers are in, it gets released.

MAP08 Max

It's a mystery to me why this WAD won the poll. As I had no time to record back then, I either didn't vote or supported Dark Resolution, can't quite remember, even if Eternally Yours is nice for me.

ey081133.zip

vdgg said:

I either didn't vote or supported Dark Resolution.

It's a mystery all right, quite a mixed bag of mediocre to good levels, then you just reach MAP10 and turn the game off.. why the hell was this level of difficulty in a community project?

I'm actually not surprised at all. It's modern, made by a praised mapper so it's, like, closer to mainstream around these parts, or something.

Just get lost if you don't think it's over the top, not fun to play at all on UV. When it really starts getting to the point when you need luck in some fights just awful design. Yes I know my first map is extremely difficult but it's manageable if you can dodge, well the last room needs less AV's.

This takes the cake though

Anyway, so is map 7 going to be the last level to be done in max for this demopack (since map 6 already has a pretty good run in the DSDA by Rizera)?

4shockblast said:

Anyway, so is map 7 going to be the last level to be done in max for this demopack (since map 6 already has a pretty good run in the DSDA by Rizera)?

Oh, cmon.

got maybe 2 hours spare while listening music, ill have a look.

edit: okay no, i had checked the map already and couldnt find all secrets anyway, ill pass on map7 ;)

I recorded a first exit max on map 7, but it's really bad (over 11 minutes long and I get confused on a few of the secrets). Haven't gotten around to beating it yet.

Alright, here's a second exit on map 07, though still pretty bad since I forget to activate one of the switches and run out of shotgun ammo by the last few monsters, among other flaws. Probably will continue working on this map from time to time, but I'm posting in case anyone else wants to know the route and secrets.
EDIT: Down from 10:22 to under 9 minutes now, map 07 in 8:53. I'm more or less satisfied with this run, so I don't think I'll be improving it anytime soon.
EDIT 2: Just checked and this new run is an 8:53.97. :D

ey07-853.zip

Map 06 in 3:17. Wasn't too easy beating Rizera's time. Had a 3:26 exit, but I accidentally entered the menu, which I heard causes problems in vanilla playback, so I decided I'd try some more.

Anyway, should this just get released at this point if more people don't get interested? Now, all the maps are done in max, and there's virtually no interest in the pack.

ey06-317.zip

Cool. Considering I haven't kicked myself into contributing a single demo, you get all the rights to compile it. :p

Hmm.. In that case, everybody who participated should send me comments by PM on their runs if they want to. Demopack comments are welcome too. I'll probably make a separate pack with all the slower runs; I guess everybody is welcome to send me comments for those as well.

Also, my proof-of-concept TASes should probably be uploaded to the DSDA separately from the demopack. I'm not sure if I should include kunkun's proof-of-concept -nomonsters demo for map 04 into the demopack, though.

Pack comments:

Oh well! Eternally Yours won a poll for a demopack and those who voted for it disappeared :) Thus, it took quite a while to complete the pack and we owe a LOT to 4shockblast who is responsible for almost all of it. I'm glad the pack is completed as the WAD is excellent.

Demo comments:

Hm, I don't remember much. Probably a 5th-6th successful attempt, choosing paths and weapons I believed to be the quickest. Good map but the cyber wasn't necessary IMO as its presence didn't add any excitement.

Pack comments:

I didn't like the choice of the wad. At first I thought that I won't record anything at all, but then I found one uv-speed trick that made the map kinda interesting so I gave it a go.

Demo comments:

I was really hoping that someone would beat this but I guess there just wasn't enough interest in the wad. A somewhat sloppy demo but the final rocketjump feels very random, at least to me, so after about 2 hours of trying to improve I gave up. I had no idea if I needed 2 more hours or 2 weeks to score another exit, and that thought wasn't very stimulating.

demopack:
like 95% of the stuff out there, I had never seen anything from this wad. And that was enough to record some maps. I liked the 3 levels I've played, but I confess I just played those and didnt even check the rest :)

map9:
cool, but not really worked demo, with many slowdowns. funny how I wasted rockets and time for a stupid knight, while for all the rest of the playing my ammo management was quite good and precise
I liked the fairness between fights and the scarce resources in health/ammo/armour

map10:
one of the few maps where I faced some competition, and it was actually another good level.. I liked the music too, probably quite a polished run

map11:
recently I started to like final levels a lot, and this is the exact type of map I'd like to challenge as final one. A brief part of different fights, and then the boss. just a bit weak design in last area If I may point that out, but a good level again

memf0boy, complete the whitemaresnow or w/e was the name pl0s?
(is it still not fully done? xD or I missed the upload completely?)

Alright, here's the completed demopack. No response from kunkun about demo comments, so I'll upload it without them, at least for now (though I included the comments from his posts as demo comments).

If you notice any mistakes or changes to be made to the textfile, let me know and I will reupload the zip with the changes.

I'll also probably crosspost to Doom General, as was done with the previous demopacks.

ey-demos.zip

Here are the leftover demos compiled as well.

@Andy, the TAS demos earlier in this thread should be uploaded separate from the demopack. Here are the links to the attachments:
ey09x013
ey06x020

That's it. Good job, everyone, though hopefully the wad chosen for the next demopack will generate more interest.

ey-left.zip