Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TaZeR

Legacy Slowdown

Hmm weird I run zDoom at 640x480 and it runs smooth but I put Legacy at 640x480 and it runs a lot slower although I now like Legacy more I dont like that it runs slow sometimes I have to switch to a lower reslution to play smooth, wats up with Legacy that it runs slower at the same res?

I wasnt using the open gl i was using normal software graphics,its not so slow that I cant play it but its annoying when its that slower.

I have a p2 233mhz and 64 ram thats why it slows down but it doesnt go slower on zDoom at the same resolution.

opengl doesnt work on my computer I have a normal 2 meg vid card, what would that help anyway?

Liam the Bard said:

legacy.exe -yourescrewed

yup i need to use legacy at 320x200 now :)

It's the same for me.I run ZDoom at 1024x768 no problem,but Legacy at only half that 512x384 for the same smoothness.It's just the way they are.

I like all three major ports (ZDoom, Legacy, PrBoom). Ironically the one I have most trouble with is PrBoom. It occasionally shoots when I press the right mouse button (which I have configured for "move forward"). Other than that little niggle, I have no problem with any of them.

Legacy windows version is a bit slower than zDoom in windows software mode.. such is life... :/

If it nags you try the Dos version instead.. runs fin in windows mode, afaik it's a bit stabler than the windows version of Legacy aswell.

TaZeR said:

I have a normal 2 meg vid card

A 2 meg vid card is far from normal nowadays.

Arno said:

A 2 meg vid card is far from normal nowadays.

It's probably normal for the age my grandparents grew up in.[/sarcasm]