Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

What kind of music do you like?

I wonder what people's taste in music is? I basically like all styles of music, but I enjoy video game music and remixes of them the most.

Cire said:

I basically like all styles of music

Finally, someone with whom I can discuss the many wonderful intricacies of Persian yodeling and Slovenian-style polka.

Personally, I only listen to avant-garde post-progressive brutal death bluegrass.

Hmmm..

-Heavy Metal (including black, death, doom, folk, stoner and thrash subgenres)
-Hardcore Punk
-Roots Reggae
-Classical & Baroque

I generally listen to "metal","jazz",and "rock".
well, any song with meaningful message and nice melody.

Lately I'm hooked on Persian yodeling and Slovenian-style polka.

It just depends on the music and whether I like it or not. I don't like specific styles in general. Except Persian yodeling and Slovenian-style polka, of course.

Hehe, you're too funny guys. :) I think I'm going to have to look up some of your suggestions on YouTube now. :D

EBM, aggrotech, industrial, futurepop, cyber metal, jap or korean pop, hope it makes you feel better. This thread badly lacks DoomUK calling all of us hipsters.

Silence mostly. Well, not complete silence, just the natural ambient sounds (but not modern city sounds from cars, etc.)

j4rio said:

EBM, aggrotech, industrial

Awesome, me too. I also listen to some NuMetal (most of it is crap though) and other shit. I have some game music soundtracks in my playlist too, but I have to be in the right mood for that.

Of late, a mixture of post-punk and new wave have been popping up frequently on my playlists. I usually cycle through these, hip hop, grunge and folk phases. Blues, jazz, prog-rock and some metal occasionally. Everything else ranges from rarely to never.

Punk of many types (hardcore, oi, 77, D-beat, etc)

Metal of many types (Black, Death, Thrash, traditional heavy metal, etc)

Some grindcore and crust

Country, old school gangsta rap, pop songs from the 80s and early 90s, national anthems, rustic and ethnic folk songs (not that lame shit that NYC hipsters like) Classical music... I like a wide spectrum of music, but primarily listen to punk and metal.

Mostly anything, though I usually listen to industrial/EBM, gothic rock, heavy metal, "new age", and dubstep/brostep. Some of my favorite artists are Clan of Xymox, KMFDM, Front 242, and Sisters of Mercy.

My musical interests often revolve around metal, especially old school death, black and heavy metal. Outside of that I find myself jamming new wave, reggae, bossanova, jazz, neoclassical, funk, punk, vintage pop, gothic, hardcore/crossover, industrial, noise, video game remixes and OSTs, avant garde/fusion, meditative music, world music, movie soundtracks and, on rare occasions, hip hop or very old country.

A lot of things, except hip-hop, opera, crappy po(o)p and autotune.
My favorite genres are metal, rock, (dark) ambient and experimental. I also like jazz, pop, folk, chanson, classical, electronic (Berlin school), new wave…

I may be deaf but I enjoy listening to good instruments and practice 'listening' to lyrics if they're good. I usually alternate between rock, alternative, jazz, electronic/dance, and whatever I feel like listening to at the time, but I regularly listen to Pink Floyd, Radiohead and U2.

Space disco! Regular disco too, but mostly space disco lately. Also old pop (mostly pre-1990), spacesynth, classic rock, progressive rock, classical, new age, trance, experimental electronic stuff (99% old again), soundtracks, chiptunes, and whatever else I happen to like.

Hmm, chiptunes almost deserve their own paragraph after all the effort I put into making Winamp play different sorts. I got really upset that Apple encrypted the bootloaders on sixth-generation iPods, preventing me from installing Linux and having a portable chiptune machine.

Never hip-hop. Almost never dubstep, country or opera (unless I'm at the opera). Also never anything related to death metal.

I'm also one of those funny people who almost never gives a shit about lyrics. There are songs I've been listening to for 25 years and I can't tell you what the lyrics are even about.

Mainly sumerian folk disco and pre-Victorian death opera.

Seriously though; mainly "old school" metal and punk of different kinds and alot of different...ehhh..."indie" rock/pop-stuff. Dunno how to explain really...I've given up all the genre-labeling thing.

Also a big fan of 80s synth and pop, and the new wave of retro 80s-stuff has alot of awesome stuff (Power Glove, Miami Nights 1983, Lazerhawk and many more)

Just anything I find I may like, I don't stick to a genre but there's genres I avoid all together, I am kind of fond of 80s music.

I like to sometimes listen to tracks of evil music from various games as long as it's not too cheesy, but it isn't a real music genre.