Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Gameception - Freedoom assets + WAD on Itunes store?

That depends upon the license terms. If he was using a retail Doom IWAD, this would be a different story. This is using a custom executable that the author has developed and using the FreeDoom resources to allow users to play Doom. Not sure about the permissions of this regarding the license.

I will wait and see what the others have to say about this.

What I am wondering if the levels in the actual WAD on the store if anything outside of FreeDoom or from FreeDoom itself.

Mr. Chris said:

What I am wondering if the levels in the actual WAD on the store if anything outside of FreeDoom or from FreeDoom itself.

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but the screenshots on the page are from E1M1 of Freedoom.

I was wondering if the levels were FreeDoom's or not, that's what I was asking.

Stuff like this make me wish I had an iPad.

In fact anyway, how easy is Gameception to control? Can you easily shoot, strafe and turn? A common usage for me on GBA Doom was to use the lateral L and R buttons for strafing. On tablets, there are no such buttons or means to use the index fingers. So how do you do it in iOS Doom and Gameception?

printz said:

Stuff like this make me wish I had an iPad.

In fact anyway, how easy is Gameception to control? Can you easily shoot, strafe and turn? A common usage for me on GBA Doom was to use the lateral L and R buttons for strafing. On tablets, there are no such buttons or means to use the index fingers. So how do you do it in iOS Doom and Gameception?

It probably uses the same controls as Carmack's official iOS Doom port that all the other FreeDoom knockoffs being sold on the app store are based on.

On 8 de julio de 2013 at 2:26 PM, printz said:

Well, I have an iPad 2 and to your surprise, it's really easy and smooth, I use the default settings and I've been comftly playing this, I've even been speedruning

On 8 de julio de 2013 at 6:50 PM, esselfortium said:

It probably uses the same controls as Carmack's official iOS Doom port that all the other FreeDoom knockoffs being sold on the app store are based on.

It kinda does, but the controls are way bigger, which means better playability, which means it's better and different

On 8 de julio de 2013 at 10:06 AM, Glaice said:

I was wondering if the levels were FreeDoom's or not, that's what I was asking.

Most of them are, but maps 10, 19, 24, 28, 31 and 32 are made by the creator from "Doom's Knight." which its a really bad doom app that uses freedoom as it's textures.

Also map 12 is the old map 10, I think...