Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Animation

Um...exactly how do you put new textures into a wad using WinTex, and get them to be animated textures? I've tried everything, and what it says in WinTex's help file makes absolutely no sense (well, at least not to someone as retarded as me).

easiest way is to replace an existing animated texture or expand it so that your animated part starts at say (64,0), and the original texture starts at (0,0). Then just use the texture offset to use your part of the texture.

Is there like a "hard" way that would enable you to totally make your own, new animated textures without replacing old ones?

Archvile64 said:

Is there like a "hard" way that would enable you to totally make your own, new animated textures without replacing old ones?

source port dependant. I know it's possible in zdoom, dunno about other ports. RTFM or ask tarin =)

Erik said:

RTFM or ask tarin =)

Heh.

Anyways, creating completely new animated textures should work fine with any Boom compatible source port. What you need is the ANIMATED lump (at least, I think that's what it's called... or is it ANIMDEF... or was that for ZDoom... or the other way around). Whatever, just go to the Team TNT page and RTFM, it's all well documented.