Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joepallai

Death Match Revival--Rebooted under new management

Okay;

first off MionicDonut my apologies for not sending you a pm with the link to the review; I'll fix that when I get home tonight. (I think Mr Fiat was missed as well so I will have to check that also).

Firefish; I thought you were giving me permission to fix things in your level a few posts up. If I'm wrong let me know now.

Regarding my approach--I didn't want to suffer another Plutonia2 and have a project drag out indefintely but I am also a stickler for polished maps and quality so I made harsh rules and gave an honest review. I'm not trying to waterdown anyone's style; I'm trying to get the maps to work as a proper deathmatch experience.

I get that this is a hobby; it's suppose to be fun, etc. But as Marcaek said, "A Bad Deathmatch map is a bad deathmatch map". I want the maps in DMR to be remembered for being good and am willing to be the badguy here in order to get them there. If DMR is reduced to 20 good maps that everyone enjoys months after release; then we've succeeded.

I understand the drive you have, i agree with the point of wanting to make a quality release. Now it is just hoping that more mappers reply.

The map is free to be altered, and changed as pleased. i feel no need to constrict its usage, especially not on a revised 3 year old map.
the layout is public property.

I was just stating a friendly concern, nothing more ,lol.

Wow... I... didn't realize this still... existed?

And I did get the review. Don't know if it is too late to modify my maps though I think I may try anyway.

It's not too late to modify your maps. I will make the cuts at the end of this month as my schedule has slipped, so there's plenty of time.

Joe Pallai,

I'm still going to be participating in this project until it is finalized. However, due to my college schedule I am limited to doing certain things, such as creating maps from scratch.

I can still assist by doing minor touch ups on maps if you like.

i never got a message from you, nonetheless if you have to change anything to my map feel free to do so its entirely up to you.

i am not entirely satishfied with what i made, and honestly i dont feel like touching it again so if any changes have to be made feel free to do anything with it you like.

thanks Mr. Fiat and apologies for not contacting you in the first place. I really like the map overall and will keep it in some form--probably just change up the outer halls to a more natural setting.