Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyberstorm2

DOOM 3 at E3

DOOM3 at E3 2002?mmm if that's true,i just hope them not to show too much of DOOM.at leastwe will have something more to discuss.

look at this http://www.e3expo.com/conference_programs/conference_planner_browse.cfm
edit:then click at "browse by track" and choose "game development:strategies and trends" ,see topic 1.3

1.3 - Sneak Peek: Inside the Development Process of the Hottest Upcoming Titles
Wednesday, May 22, 2002, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Get a behind-the-scenes look at a game in progress and the management challenges its development team faces. Hear from a group of developers who are mid-cycle in production of their highly anticipated game. The developers will discuss how they are managing the development process, including what their current design challenges are; the level of publisher involvement and support; how they are dealing with the press (or plan to work with the press); overall goals for the game; how the current design of the game is following or deviating from the original design document; and upcoming marketing and promotion plans. This session will give attendees a rare, close-up view of a highly anticipated game, presented by a key member of its development team.
Moderator:
Geoff Keighley, GameSlice.com

Panelist:
Louis Castle, Westwood Studios
Jon Knoles, LucasArts Entertainment
Tim Willits, id Software

well so what is that hottest upcoming title?guess..

Heh, score. Just a little more...

Holy fuck they're using the theater just like Blizzard did for their anual W3 cinematic. Anyway this means developers/VIP only. Dunno if we'll get any downloadeable, official media.

Can Ling get a press pass into E3?

If my pissy old roommate can get one for his shitty little Battle Realms site, Ling certainly deserves one...

Part of me would be overjoyed to see id show off stuff from the new Doom (As long as they don't pull a "Quakecon 2001 situation" - you know what I mean), but another part of me would rather remain in the dark.

"Todd: We'll have more information available about what we're doing before too long...."

Hollenshed interview I keep harping on about, possible relation here?
They may have decided to preview at E3, Hollenshed could have had this information in the back of his head when the interview took place.

And I fucking hope someone puts up a video of Tim Willits talking about the game. That guy is just too cute.

/me looks at picture....
/me looks at flathead...
/me looks at picture again
/me looks at flathead again..

*begins to back away....
I'm so hoping that was sarcasm..other wise you have a weird veiw of reality :P....

anyway...I'm hoping that this is true, new info at E3 about doom3. Could be cool... I wanna go to E3, but I don't like my chances... ah well.. we need a better bootleg this time ;) or LEGAL FOOTAGE ID. :P

id Software at E3
4/2/2002 | 19:51 Posted by CyriC
After a long stretch with nothing to report, we happened to come across this E3 news at HomeLan Fed:

"Looking at the list of exhibitors at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo, one will discover that id Software has bought booth space in the big South Hall of the LA Convention Center for the expo in late May. It's unusual for a developer to buy space at the expo; most games at E3 are handled by publishers (id has displayed its last several games at its publisher Activision's booth in the past). So far there is no word on what id will be showing at the booth. Update It look like the id Software booth has the same number as Activision's. Weird but it would indicate that whatever they plan to show will be with Activision.
Looks like id Software is ready to show off some goodies"

LorD BaZTArD said:

I'm so hoping that was sarcasm..other wise you have a weird veiw of reality :P....

No, really. He's about 4 ft. tall, he fits in my pocket and he makes DOOM maps. We're going to run away together one day.

cool, maybe we can get 5 more frames of shitty quality video to analyze every single pixel of.

I just happen to have a personal invite to the upcoming E3 show. Perhaps with a little incentive, other than rubbing fingers with dorky nerd guys, maybe I'll actually go! And if I do decide to go, I'd have to get one of those tiny cameras like in the yahoo pop-up ads. Of course, i would report any interesting findings to the Doomworld Forums.

Advertisement
How much good can so much evil contain?
Doomworld, Bringing out the best of DooM.

One thing: Leave the camera behind you if the id boys don't allow cameras - the last thing we need is id to get pissed at the DW community.

dsm said:

One thing: Leave the camera behind you if the id boys don't allow cameras - the last thing we need is id to get pissed at the DW community.

ignore him, go to a store, get the latest and most high tech video capturing equipment (money is no object here) don't let go of your camera no matter what. =P