Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spunkmeyer

Custom Weapons Do Not Equip Themselve's

Hello, this is my first Thread and i hope i posted it in the right topic section, if not please excuse me.

Im having a little trouble with some custom weapons ive been downloading here: http://www.realm667.com/index.php/armory-mainmenu-157

I install the wads (or Mini Wads as i call them) into a doom 2 iwad with XWE, everything works fine and i was testing out each weapon INDIVIDUALY and some work and everything, but there are some weapon that when i scroll through the weapons to equip it, it does not equip, the only way i can equip them is by dropping all my weapons until it equips, but the problem is, not only i drop my weapons, but when it is equipped, i cant change my weapon! Please help, im looking foward to use some of those weapons.

Hope anyone can help me...

Cheers
-Rainier Beth, a.k.a. Spunkmeyer, or TalonDrakeGaming

Spunkmeyer said:

HI install the wads (or Mini Wads as i call them) into a doom 2 iwad with XWE

This is really the wrong way to do things. You shouldn't modify the IWADs directly. (And you shouldn't use XWE.)

However, the problem you presumably have is that most weapons on Realm667 are not bound to a slot by default. It is generally assumed that people who want them will know enough about ZDoom modding to add them to a slot by themselves, as it isn't a very difficult thing to do, but there are several different methods to do so and the best one depends on the mod you're making.

See this for reference and technical information.

Ive tested them individualy like, COMPLETELY individualy, but thanks for replying, ill look into that.

And if it is posible, can you tell me one of the methods to do so?

Spunkmeyer said:

Ive tested them individualy like, COMPLETELY individualy, but thanks for replying, ill look into that.

And if it is posible, can you tell me one of the methods to do so?

1. Trash XWE
2. Download Slade3
3. File -> New Wad
4. Open up your individual weapon wads from Realm667
5. Copy/Paste all the files on the left side into the blank wad you made

REMINDER: Put all sprites under the SS_START/END Markers

6. Paste all the DECORATE from each weapon into one BIG file
7. Paste all the SNDINFO, GLDEFS, into their respective files. (ie, put all SNDINFO's together)

From here, apply one of Gez's methods: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Weapon_slots