Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Black Void

Brand new awesomeness...

Finished a brand new level for the second time in yeeeeears... granted, I'd say I've gotten better, but others may have insightful opinions. Whom among you wishes to play my hopeful return to mapping? =P

I'll play the brand new awesomeness you have created. You could probably get more people willing to try it if you posted some screenshots, but anyway, yeah I'll play it.

Black Void said:

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/Le_void/media/Screenshot_Doom_20130711_175437_zps0b6005fb.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Screenshots, yes, yes... but they really don't say much.

*Edit - This is really a 'return to mapping' level. Don't slam it too hard, but hard enough for criticism. It's called GrimGrin for the inspiring Guardian Legend video game, and has a sort-of chaos theme to it.

It looks pretty cool to me. When will it be up for download?

I like the combination of TEKGREN and GSTONE in shot one, the blob in the center of shot3 looks ugly and needless, and the square ceiling SPFACE thing in shot4 looks stupid. Other than that the shots give the impression of a solid newbie map, now to see how it plays.

Marcaek said:

I like the combination of TEKGREN and GSTONE in shot one, the blob in the center of shot3 looks ugly and needless, and the square ceiling SPFACE thing in shot4 looks stupid. Other than that the shots give the impression of a solid newbie map, now to see how it plays.

See... this is WHY I don't do screens. I can't really capture the level... don't judge it until you try it.

I'll judge those rooms as I see them. The issues I had will still be present ingame.

Marcaek said:

I'll judge those rooms as I see them. The issues I had will still be present ingame.

He's got a point.

I'll give it a shot. I'm attempting a return myself, so I'd love to check out what you've got

Internet is screwing with me tonight; does anyone mind if I send it via email?

Marcaek said:

You sir, are part of what I love about the community! I wouldn't be able to step up my game later on if I didn't get that kind of reply. Bravo good sir!

All in all, it's really good to return to the map world. =) I have missed it so.

Black Void said:

Send it my way. I'll upload it for you and post the link

Black Void said:

Do what you have to do. Just get the map to me so I can check it out. :)

Kirby said:

Send it my way. I'll upload it for you and post the link

I emailed it to ya. Hopefully, all goes well, and my internet provider will resolve this nonsense (screw you comcast! *shakes fist*) Until then, I'll just mooch off of fast-food wi-fi.

I thought it was pretty good. The exit didn't seem to work for me. Do you need a yellow key? Anyway, here are some screenshots I took.

No yellow key is needed; at the end where you can see the exit (the room in that last shot there...) is also where you'll find a switch to open the door. =)
*Edit - there's a special lift in that room; click it, you'll find the switch for door3 there... and maybe a baron too...

I liked it but just like in you previous map I felt like there was too much of shooting things in front of you. I'd like to see monsters trying to attack me from behind, to corner me, etc. :) The green rooms were my favorite, probably because I quite like that color.

Memfis said:

The green rooms were my favorite, probably because I quite like that color.

Yeah the green rooms looked awesome.

@ Memfis - thanks! =) I think I'll take notes this time, lol.

@ Canofbacon - 3/5? I'll take it! Especially good since I mapped one time before this, and before that was like... 7 years. Yikes.

It's good to be back!

I liked it overall. I think you have a good sense of building off basic concepts and adding some flair. It's a fairly average map and I agree with Memfis about shooting in front of you - include rooms/traps that pit the player against monsters that are not in front of him/her. Other than that, it's quite decent. I'd give you a 3.5/5. Keep it up!

@ Katamori - Heh, it happens. =P However, now I'm going to have to play that level...

@ Kirby - Thanks for the feedback! =) And I'm continuing to map, this time, I'll change up the gameplay for sure.

ALSO... while I'm at it, anyone up for making a small map pack? I do so enjoy working with others!