Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Look in your mirror

I got a camping hallway with a window looking at the plasma gun which is center of the action of this small DM level. Now if someone comes from behind me while I'm slaughtering the poor peeps trying to nab the plasma, I'm dead without ever knowing what hit me. Mirrors stuck on walls (in this case on the upper texture of the window) would be nice in DM maps. Well placed mirrors would be fun in DM.

BTW, how many of you still really like to DM and are interested to try out new DM maps?

you know you really should try out the multiplayer or editing forum for stuff like this.

The 2nd part of his post is valid, though. I'm interested in DM maps for Doom2, since I loathe the original levels. But strictly for LANs...

I play a few dm games almost every day. I mostly play map01 and d5m1... but I am always open to try something new now and then.

Great! I have been making lots of maps these past few months. Since I think the middle of January, maybe later, I've been making DM maps non-stop. Draconio is hosting some of them and I think Judge-Death might be as well. I don't have their URLs right now (why haven't I favourited them?) But I'll leave a link here shortly.

Crendowing said:

Mirrors......fah!

BTW, I couldn't really understand that first sentence (I don't DM much anymore).

Camping means you sit at one place where you aren't very vulnerable, usually guarding a good item or weapon, and kill everyone that comes through. It's a rather cheap way to win at DM.

Archvile64 said:

Camping means you sit at one place where you aren't very vulnerable, usually guarding a good item or weapon, and kill everyone that comes through. It's a rather cheap way to win at DM.

works for ffa, but i would kill you in an 1 on 1 game if you do that >;D

Camping does suck, but in this wad it is great. Ask me to send you the wad and I will via email if you wanna see how camping can add fun to a wad.

camping isn't good for long periods of time in 1on1 unless the map design is 100% gay.

example: plasma room camping in map01 is useful until you run out of cells, then you have to watch our for bfg assaults. bfg room camping is good until you run out of rockets, then you have to make a move before your opponent comes rushing in and kills you on the spot.

I don't camp. Ever. I always keep moving. But in this map I made - if you camp on this ledge over looking the plasma room - peeps can fire back - they can also smoke you outta your hole from behind. It totally works to camp - doesnt' disturb fun of game - only makes it more fun.