Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xaser

20,000 secrets!

Finally after all these years! A level that has 20,000, count em, 20,000 secrets!

For doom 2

This is just a basic vanilla map. You need zdoom though because extended nodes and ya can jump if ya want but if your friends dont jump then theyr no friends of mine

http://ionline.vectec.net/doom/segcrats.zip

Can you find all 20,000 secrets and even the mega spheres?

Good luck and thanks for all the fish!

As always if anyone demos this I'll gladly jump in a live fireplace :)

All difficulty settings supported including a horrifying dump i took in the sink yesterday afternoon!

I'm serious, guys!

Man, I was hoping it were multiple maps with a total of those number of secrets, not a single map!

Should give this a shot.

If you're using a port that shows secrets on the minimap in a different color, it's amusing to see your path like a trail of bread crumbs.

I could only find 10%

Nice layout though

Not enough monsters in multiplayer

FDA (prboom+ 2.5.1.2)

Graphics: 8.5/10 - great use of contrast
Sound: 5.0/10 - I played this without turning my speakers on
Gameplay: 9.0/10 - the quality of a level is directly correlated to the number of cyberdemons used, and this one doesn't disappoint
Plot: 8.0/10 - unusual approach to storytelling. I didn't understand why the colonel let the space bunnies go after what they did, but it's likely explained in one of the fifteen thousand secrets I missed

Final score: 9.5/10

Magnusblitz said:

If you're using a port that shows secrets on the minimap in a different color, it's amusing to see your path like a trail of bread crumbs.

This. I tried drawing a face on the automap, but it ended up looking more like some sort of spastic pizza.

I don't think mister Xaser tested it! A few thousand secrets can't be triggered because they're next to a wall and doomguy's too fat to activate them. I managed to get 16552 secrets in zdoom with -nomonsters:

GreyGhost said:

Haha that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. 20,000 secrets you say? Impressive, to say the least. I'll have to look into this

EDIT: Wait, that's not what I was thinking of.......hrmmm, I can't seem to find it. Maybe I saw it over at ZDoom forums a while ago......