Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

The Walking Dead in Doom

The comments section of the Kotaku article actually nails it right on the head: this is literally just hacked Doom 1 levels with Brutal Doom loaded over top of it. Nothing new at all.

The fact that this was even posted on Kotaku as a "fan reconstruction of Doom" really speaks volumes about their journalistic integrity.

Apparently Doom is weird with Iron Sights.

Bitch, Doom already has Iron Sights, kinda. With the weapons already in the center of the screen, it's really a redundant mechanic unless you really need to zoom in on something (which you really don't, honestly).

I started doing something like this by building on the alpha and beta doom maps... I didn't get far, but what I ended up with looked a hell of a lot better then this.

If that hacked up mess was all it took to impress Romero, shit maybe I'll dig it up again.

Damn from the title I was hoping somehow Doom invaded the Walking Dead TV show. If they think zombies were a problem, imagine zombies with guns and ontop of that, imps, demos and so on.

geo said:

Damn from the title I was hoping somehow Doom invaded the Walking Dead TV show. If they think zombies were a problem, imagine zombies with guns and ontop of that, imps, demos and so on.

That's what I thought too, initially. But I would image it would just be hundreds of zombiemen, without the ability to shoot, using melee attacks instead.

I rather liked how, in websites reposting the information, some of the very same commenters who praised Brutal Doom complained about "this mod" for having iron sights, occasional third person viewpoints, and so on. :)

Phml said:

I rather liked how, in websites reposting the information, some of the very same commenters who praised Brutal Doom complained about "this mod" for having iron sights, occasional third person viewpoints, and so on. :)

They have a word for those kind of people; whores.

Does Doom even need iron sights? You can't miss as long as you're on the correct horizontal axis.