Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 - 54 maps - /idgames link

Are there any ways to post files on this thread from just home documents rather than anything online? Wadhost is freaking out and won't work. It's making me so freaking mad.

My level is done, by the way. I want desperately to submit it, and I hope I don't smash my computer screen in before then

sgt dopey said:

is there any reason you can't use mediafire? I would suggest drdteam but its down atm :(

Mediafire? I guess it won't hurt to give it a whirl.

I'm doing better now, by the way. I just let my anger get the best of me.

Alright, mine's done. TDSW.wad
Includes:
Mudfall and Waterfall textures, from allfalls.wad
Custom MIDI, from Extreme G - Level 3

EDIT: Screenshots, etc, can be found on a thread I made a while back for feedback here.
EDIT: I should also mention this is vanilla compatible. At least it is with Chocolate Doom. Not sure about DOS or 95.

played the last 3 levels on Gzdoom, all them are good maps, but i found few probelms:

- ShadeMaster: Cool short and fast-paced level, actually is for UDMF but on mapping categories at OP is listed as gzdoom compatible. I found a misaligiment here

- obake: WHAT? MAP04? You start already trolling us, isn't? Anyway creepy and interesting map, looks like a forgotten PSX Doom map...

Source port: Zdoom compatible (i think)

- schwerpunk: cool brown rocky map, with some metal interiors (that are maybe a little too bland sometimes, especially in the antechamber to the the blood pit after the blue skull key. The door bars needs to be lowered. I don't get the sense of this, i'll seen it better with the zimmer texture.... but that's my personal idea...

Also, for what source is intended?

I lost my 4 years old laptop in a critical crash and and I don't have any backups for any of my maps that were on it.(around 9 maps, including heretic maps). there is a chance that I won't be able to submit a new map this. maybe someone in this thread download it and kept, he could send it to me and I could reupload it again.
If not then im very sorry.

Thank you very much ToD, you basically saved my ass on that one..
I'll sure fix my map as soon as possible and reupload the new fixed version.

walter confalonieri said:

- obake: WHAT? MAP04? You start already trolling us, isn't? Anyway creepy and interesting map, looks like a forgotten PSX Doom map...

Source port: Zdoom compatible (i think)

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I can't wait to see playthroughs of the wad when it is completed. I have a feeling it will be even better than last years Doomworld Megawad Project.

With Doom's 20th birthday getting closer its high time I start my "Doomworld Mega Project 2013" submission which will be an extension of an unreleased ep1 theme map that was originally going to be the first map of an ep4 replacement project but due to lack of motivation once again I discontinued it. Hopefully I'll get this map done before the end of the month.

Count me in. I may as well make something.

The basic concept I have in my head relies on pistol start though, I'm not sure if that's acceptable.

It's more than acceptable. People will be supposed to pistol start whole Doomworld Mega Project. If they don't, then it's their own fault of not gaining the full experience. You can't blame anyone for it, though.

At least that's how I'm viewing it. I played the last DMP continuously and had fun, athough admitted that some maps would have been better from pistol start.

Well thanks for stating that this project is designed for pistol starts! Now I know what to do when I get around to playing this eventually.

Im working on something nice.

I wasn't sure if I was able to squeeze it in, but it looks like it will happen :D

http://www.speedyshare.com/XfbdT/LETSROCK.wad

Its 3 AM everybody!

Map name: LETS ROCK!
Compatability: boom, baby!
Build time: 2 days, 4 drinks, 8 hours.
music: level 13 from Mean bean machine, mix by thomas blandford
title music: Love theme from Robocop 2014 by Beethoven