Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Who wants to be a space janitor?

Mr. Chris said:

Who wants to be a space janitor?

I was going to nominate Patrick, but he appears to have retired his Roger Wilco avatar. :(

GreyGhost said:

I was going to nominate Patrick, but he appears to have retired his Roger Wilco avatar. :(

If memory serves, he actually was a janitor at one time.

Space Quest's Roger Wilco is the only video game space janitor worth talking about. But watching the video, I really don't see what kind of appeal this game could possibly have. Is anyone really going to spend hours mopping up virtual blood?

Putting the sci-fi theme aside, I feel sorry for the people working on railway lines and such who actually have to do this kind of horrible job :(

fraggle said:

Is anyone really going to spend hours mopping up virtual blood?

I think it could work as a multiplayer game, where players get scored based on how much and how fast/efficiently they cleaned. The gameplay in the video is really uninteresting, but I do see the potential for a fun game in there.

It's an amusing premise for a virtual playground. Just like a real playground, nobody's telling you what the objective is or how you're supposed to do it. It's an admirable and brave game design philosophy, though the product will ultimately be unsatisfying for most people (including me) since we're used to getting clear feedback for doing specific tasks.

I still see this appealing to some people for an entirely different reason - it's a mindless, de-stressing activity for those who get satisfaction from making things cleaner, but whose houses are entirely too clean already.

Game gets bought by everyone for Let's Plays.

All I would want from a paid version of something like this is more environments to clean up, and maybe more tools (a vacuum for shell casings, perhaps?).

WildWeasel said:

All I would want from a paid version of something like this is more environments to clean up, and maybe more tools (a vacuum for shell casings, perhaps?).

I agree. It has to have more environments.... but Surgeon Simulator doesn't. I'd want live grenades sitting that need to be disarmed.... just another day in the life of a space janitor. Why is all of the blood red? You're a SPACE janitor. Will you only need 1 kind of cleaning product or will there be oil and tough green acid blood to clean up that require special products? What happens when your ship is breaking up and there's no gravity or oxygen suddenly. Or ship goes to red alert. Sure you don't have to fight enemies, but it would change what the environment looks like by having red alerts and yellow alerts.

Someone finally made a game about the janitor mod for Brutal Doom.

EDIT: Whoops, I actually forgot I already posted and didn't edit first one.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I think it could work as a multiplayer game, where players get scored based on how much and how fast/efficiently they cleaned. The gameplay in the video is really uninteresting, but I do see the potential for a fun game in there.

I don't. Playing this multiplayer sounds even pointless than playing it single player.

While its a funny joke, I can't see anyone playing this for any amount of time.

Just by looking at that videoI feel I have already gotten the lolz I need.

hardcore_gamer said:

While its a funny joke, I can't see anyone playing this for any amount of time.

Just by looking at that videoI feel I have already gotten the lolz I need.

That's why I say people will buy it for let's plays.