Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

PRCP -nomonsters pack

4shockblast said:

You misattributed the map 12 run to me in the main post. That run was actually by Plut.

Shhh, godamn man, I told you via PM to not let that secret out! :P Thanks for pointing that out, list has been sorted and corrected.

Runs are looking great so far guys, keep up the good work! :) Unfortunately I have very little knowledge of this WAD, so helping to make demos would not be a good budget of time for me. Also, I think I've spotted an error: Plut's MAP18 in 0:38 is actually on MAP17, if I'm not mistaken.

P.S. Looper, I think you have the devil in you from your first two runs.. (jk I'm not superstitious :P).

doomdaniel95 said:

I've spotted an error: Plut's MAP18 in 0:38 is actually on MAP17, if I'm not mistaken.

Erm, no that's definitely map 18 he said, thanks anyway but I definitely wasn't drunk when I put that bit up.

P.S. Looper, I think you have the devil in you from your first two runs.. (jk I'm not superstitious :P).

His secret has come out....

Springy said:

Erm, no that's definitely map 18 he said, thanks anyway but I definitely wasn't drunk when I put that bit up.

The demo Plut posted for map 18 on page 1 is actually on map 17, and he reposted the demo on the second page with the correct filename. Anyway, Map 17 in 0:34.

pv17o034.zip

4shockblast said:

The demo Plut posted for map 18 on page 1 is actually on map 17, and he reposted the demo on the second page with the correct filename. Anyway, Map 17 in 0:34.

Okay, I didn't see that, looks like Doom Daniel has earned himself a free falcon punch on me.

Springy said:

Okay, I didn't see that, looks like Doom Daniel has earned himself a free falcon punch on me.

Heh, good thing to know I'm not totally loony. ;) Oh wait...

Hmm, progress seemed a little slow here, so it looks like I've decided to get things going again and join. Hopefully I can motivate you guys to beat my naturally sloppy demos. :P

MAP09 in 1:39.

And yes, I finally upgraded to prboom+ v2.5.1.3. Shocking, I know.

pv09o139.zip

Map 28 in 1:26. Terrible demo (first exit); I think I'll try to improve it at some point in the future, but I'm uploading it in case someone else wants to try this route.

EDIT: in 1:19, improved it by a bit, still improvable, though.

pv28o119.zip

Nice demo, good for you for finding a better route and beating my crappy run. :) btw I didn't usually overshoot the RSK.. what I did was barely tap the strafe key then tap the other one because I knew I could grab RSK quickly that way. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense lol.

4shockblast said:

Hasn't been much activity for this pack lately. Map 22 in 0:59.

Yeah, sorry but due to computer problems, I can't really take part anymore and it'll probably be a long time before another demo of mine shows up (well, tell a lie I have a couple of -nomonsters done that could be uploaded that were going to be in their own nomo packs). I'm glad someone is still posting demos for this. Not sure if I'll be hosting the next one or what as I'll probably be unable to post a demo to start it off.

What is the next pack going to be, just out of curiosity? I know I haven't contributed much to this pack, but I'm busy with school and homework and such. I do have a couple nomo demos done for killadve if we want to do that. If not, I'll just hold onto them longer until we want to start a killadve pack (assuming we'd get around to that).

doomdaniel95 said:

What is the next pack going to be, just out of curiosity? I know I haven't contributed much to this pack, but I'm busy with school and homework and such. I do have a couple nomo demos done for killadve if we want to do that. If not, I'll just hold onto them longer until we want to start a killadve pack (assuming we'd get around to that).

Any old excuse, sunshine. :P Killing Adventure sounds like a good one to do. I was thinking; maybe do an Ultimate Doom megawad like Concerned.

doomdaniel95 said:

Springy said:

Any old excuse, sunshine. :P Killing Adventure sounds like a good one to do. I was thinking; maybe do an Ultimate Doom megawad like Concerned.

I'm still holding on to four ksutra and two sodfinal demos for possible demopacks too, so I'm waiting on those.

Springy said:

Any old excuse, sunshine. :P Killing Adventure sounds like a good one to do.

Sounds cool to me, and also, yes haha I guess it does sound more "excuse-like" than I meant.

Map 16 in 1:04. I don't see myself doing the other monstrous levels left for this demopack. Also, map 24 has a rather good nomo run by Looper for it, and beating it requires a smooth glide I'm not really interested in grinding for.

pv16o104.zip

4shockblast said:

I'm still holding on to four ksutra and two sodfinal demos for possible demopacks too, so I'm waiting on those.

They'll get done sunshine. Probably Kama Sutra next as SOD seems to have some that are really hard to beat already.