Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kate

Every secret ever created.

Okay. You can stop trying now. At 1,000,000, this will be pretty difficult to top. I'm not even sure if it's possible to open this map in Doom Builder. I didn't even try - I made it with a Python script in literally 20 seconds tops.

If you even have the computer to run this, let alone the ability to 100% complete it, I envy you.

Now hopefully we can be done with this absurd amounts of secrets thing, because personally I think it's pretty stupid and pointless.

Enjoy!

You all are just too lazy to make real, playable and fun level with at least 1000 creative secrets.

Sokoro said:

You all are just too lazy to make real, playable and fun level with at least 1000 creative secrets.

Question: What could you even put in that many secrets to make actually finding all of them worthwhile in some way?

Unless it's a really well-done gimmick, like Xaser's Sector map in ZPack, or the secrets in Lost Episode E5M1, then it's almost always going to wind up completely pointless to have a secret count that extreme, which is exactly what I was poking fun at by making this.

Jesus Christ on a speed ball overdose. That's insane, I'll have to check that out later.

Kate said:

If you even have the computer to run this, let alone the ability to 100% complete it, I envy you.

Where's Doom Marine when you need him. On my modest system it took G/ZDoom several seconds to open the map and a few more to bring up the pistol, there's also a lag of several seconds when playing. Pressing the switch behind the player (which I presume "finds" the million secrets) produced a distorted raspberry through the speakers and a lockup of all but the music in ZDoom, fortunately my case has a Reset button. The walls could do with some texture alignment.

So, I managed to get this map running in ZDoom. The problem was that it was SUPER laggy. I had to quit after five minutes of barely being able to walk, and it took about four minutes to even register a single secret.

I'd be more interested in seeing the script. Is it short enough to post here with code blocks? Or maybe it's a trade secret. Doesn't matter, I'll be too lazy and retarded to tinker myself.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Was vaguely disappointed to find this wasn't a 'Let's Play' vid.

Lal.
But seriously... STAPH IT!