Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crendowing

Doom + GBA + bus trip to Ausin = BAAAAAD mix

Well, the time came along for the Texas State level JCL (Junior Classical League, for Latin/Greek nuts like myself) competition to take place near Austin. I had to leave school right after second period last Friday, as it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to reach Austion from San Antonio by tour bus. The night before I packed all my gear, which included my GBA and the glorious copy of GBA DOOM with it. Just before I got on the bus to Austin, I had to pull out of my bag and put it in my pocket since all the bags go in the luggage compartment at the bottom.

I never actually touched the system itself until right before the end of lunch. The bus was immobile for about 5 more minutes before we headed on again. As I started to play it, the guy next to me referred to it as "a classic game", which kind of surprised me; he's about 14 and only plays those newer games like Red Faction and up.

Anyway, I was able to play during the downtime. When the bus started up, that was a different story. Hulky as it was, it teetered and tottered left and right with no predictable pattern. I could not see anything in front of me on the screen, even in static lighting. That's how much the bus rattled, even on the highway (I should say especially on the highway).

The point of this is for newbies to learn the easy way that car trips and handhelds do not mix. Even if there are car adapters out there, they screw people over with them (I can sadly say that from experience). Do yourself a favor and DON'T get a car adapter for your GBA if you own one.

Crendowing moaned:
WOW!!!! DEADY ACTUALLY MADE A REPLY THAT WAS ON TOPIC!!!!!!

WTF, you say that like it's never happened before. I didn't get like 3000 some odd posts just by talking about my limp dick.

Crendowing whined:
Anyway, it wasn't the light that was the problem, it's the jerkiness of the bus that makes it hard to see. The GBA can't sit straight while the bus is moving.

Maybe you should've gotten one of those portable car starters and a PS1 with a screen. Then you could've played PSX Doom or Q2 DM that lump of smegma in the seat next to you.

Crendowing hinted:
However, I WOULD love to get my hands on that backlight.

Yeah me too. Megaman Zero is coming out for GBA soon so it looks like I'll have to buy another of the damn things.

BTW WTF is your malfunction you fuckbuckle? Why the hell did you get rid of the original thread?

SINCE IT DISAPPEARED I'LL SAY IT AGAIN.

YOU SHOULD TRY LISTENING TO DEVIN TOWNSEND AND DREAM THEATER.

DELETE IT AGAIN, I DARES YA.

IMJack said:

Is there a problem with deleting and reposting a thread?

There is when there's an active discussion and the creator of the thread decides to kill it without anyone's consent.

To complicate matters I believe these servers are located in the USA.

Legal age of consent is 18, 16 with certain circumstances. We need a fucking lawyer. Why not, this forum is all about being trapped in hell anyway.

There is when there's an active discussion and the creator of the thread decides to kill it without anyone's consent.

Yeah, what if god just said, "Oh, by the way, I'm destroying the universe now because some of you guys get on my nerves."

I think we'd all have our knickers in a twist.

Zaldron said:

...the creator of the thread decides to kill it without anyone's consent.

Pardon me for asking, but isn't that a sole right OF the author?

And deady, you weren't supposed to take that personally. What I meant was that unlike the rest of the people who responded to the thread, yours was on topic of the subject. I'm not saying you're never on topic, sorry.

Crendowing said:

Pardon me for asking, but isn't that a sole right OF the author?

And deady, you weren't supposed to take that personally. What I meant was that unlike the rest of the people who responded to the thread, yours was on topic of the subject. I'm not saying you're never on topic, sorry.

You're not the author of anything BUT your posts. As a moderator I did not find anything wrong with thread, so there was no need to delete these guys' posts.

Crendowing snapped:

You can't take back tears. =(..

Zaldron said:

You're not the author of anything BUT your posts.

Hmmmm, then explain why on the BBHacks boards it referred to the thread creator as "author".

As a moderator I did not find anything wrong with thread, so there was no need to delete these guys' posts.

Maybe Ling should rethink that idea for you. Speaking of which, why doesn't it say who're the mods of this forum on the forums main page?

I thought there was something wrong with the thread because:
-Only 1 reply was on topic
-It had another small flamewar in it
-Space was wasted with that image

Gah, it's morning, and I'm still trying to wake up. See you guys this afternoon (hopefully).

deadnail said:

DREAM THEATER

DT rock even if they ARE overly technical: "7/8! 9/16! 5/16! 5/4! huh?? song??"

haha i bet when james labrie is having sex with his wife they're like, "i put my erect male organ into your female organ!" "you push it hard repeatedly in a back-and-forth motion!" "i emit a white substance that directly causes impregnation!"

Crendowing said:

Hmmmm, then explain why on the BBHacks boards it referred to the thread creator as "author".Maybe Ling should rethink that idea for you. Speaking of which, why doesn't it say who're the mods of this forum on the forums main page?

I thought there was something wrong with the thread because:
-Only 1 reply was on topic
-It had another small flamewar in it
-Space was wasted with that image

Damn, you're an idiot.

dustbunny said:

DT rock even if they ARE overly technical: "7/8! 9/16! 5/16! 5/4! huh?? song??"

haha i bet when james labrie is having sex with his wife they're like, "i put my erect male organ into your female organ!" "you push it hard repeatedly in a back-and-forth motion!" "i emit a white substance that directly causes impregnation!"

Damn, you're an idiot.

Crendowing said:

Speaking of which, why doesn't it say who're the mods of this forum on the forums main page?

Damn, you're an idiot.