Find results in...

What do you think of UFOs?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of UFOs?

• Intriguing
    • nonsense
    • I believe
    • I've seen one

The most compelling and comprehensive film for the existence of UFOs as alien spacecraft:

Larry King Live gives some credence to UFOlogists in a 1994 special 2 hour program out in the desert near Area 51, brought to you today commercial free:

The Disclosure Project is probably my favorite source of information regarding UFOs and such topics. Pretty fascinating reading articles here in Sweden about how horses and cows are getting mutilated all over the place. Cattle mutilation has of course theories from the UFO community and Dr. Greer's is as follows:

The base at Dulce in the US is basically a genetics lab creating PLFs (programmed lifeforms) on conveyor belts, putting them in man made UFOs known as ARVs (alien reproduction vehicles) and sending them on missions to abduct people now and then.

The Swedish police has not yet caught a suspect for the horrible mutilation of horses in Dalarna that happened some weeks ago.

The PLFs look pretty much like what we know as the Greys but one of the Disclosure Project's witnesses (Sgt. Clifford Stone) at the press conference on May 9 2001, said that the recovery teams had identified at least over 50 different species at the time he was on the inside.

One time I woke up in my bed and there were these tall people around me poking me with their fingers or some thin long metallic wands. I was thinking they were giving me acupuncture and massage.

But it was probably a dream, except it didn't happen in the dreamworld. It was something like that sleep paralysis thing.

I think UFOs/aliens do exist out there somewhere. Maybe they have visited here, but it doesn't matter much to me, other than having the occassional UFO dream and liking tv series about them.

Modern ufology is pretty much just pure garbage not to be taken seriously.

Stanton friedman likes to think of himself as a sound logical guy and in fact he was one of the first prominent ufologists to dismiss bob lazar of being a complete fraud, and did so quite early into lazars ufological stardom. However, friedman continues to this day to buy into glenn dennis's ridiculous and completely unverified story about his involvement at roswell (dennis was the mortuary assistant).

Jimi said:

But it was probably a dream, except it didn't happen in the dreamworld. It was something like that sleep paralysis thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnogogia

I have experienced hypnogogic hallucinations 2 or 3 times in my life years ago and they are very certainly weird phenomenon.

The acronym UFO doesn't actually have anything to do with aliens per se, since it's just a classification of airborn objects that are unidentified. If they were identified (or even landed), they would no longer be a UFO.

It's like using the word alien to describe extraterrestrials and making the mistake to think of the two words as meaning the same. An extraterrestrial is alien to our world. But someone or something alien, doesn't have to be extraterrestrial.

Anyway, it's statistically unprobably to say that there are no life on other planets. It's however more probable that none of those lifeforms to have traveled to visit our planet. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

As much as I'd like for extraterrestial life to be visiting Earth, there's zero compelling evidence for it and the UFO community grasps at straws as much as any other paranormal believers.

I've seen plenty of things I couldn't identify in the sky. I'm rational enough to not immediately jump to the "aliens!" conclusion. Hell I once saw a tiny 50s-movie style flying saucer...until it turned and I could tell it was a seagull, of all things.

kristus said:Anyway, it's statistically unprobably to say that there are no life on other planets. It's however more probable that none of those lifeforms to have traveled to visit our planet. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. [/B]

Yep and it's also unlikely there's a intergalactic spanning empire either which is actually impossible as well.

MRB_Doom said:

The Disclosure Project is probably my favorite source of information regarding UFOs and such topics. Pretty fascinating reading articles here in Sweden about how horses and cows are getting mutilated all over the place. Cattle mutilation has of course theories from the UFO community and Dr. Greer's is as follows:

The base at Dulce in the US is basically a genetics lab creating PLFs (programmed lifeforms) on conveyor belts, putting them in man made UFOs known as ARVs (alien reproduction vehicles) and sending them on missions to abduct people now and then.

The Swedish police has not yet caught a suspect for the horrible mutilation of horses in Dalarna that happened some weeks ago.

The PLFs look pretty much like what we know as the Greys but one of the Disclosure Project's witnesses (Sgt. Clifford Stone) at the press conference on May 9 2001, said that the recovery teams had identified at least over 50 different species at the time he was on the inside.

Looks like someone is whacked out.

Nightmare Doom said:

Yep and it's also unlikely there's a intergalactic spanning empire either which is actually impossible as well.

Looks like someone is whacked out.

I wish there were magic mushrooms that could create these kinds of stories but it sounds too good dude. There should be a DooM mod for hunting these Grey bastards who are mutilating GAIA's creatures. To Hell with the PLF demons.

I can't say that i don't believe in "UFO"'s because they're "Unidentified Flying Objects" so if i don't recognize something in the air it's a UFO (it can be a plane, a balloon, etc)

Another thing are the Aliens or/and alien spacecrafts, which i believe in, because for me it's sooo damn obvious that we are not alone, plus, we're not the most intelligent thing on the whole universe, nor the best.

Ledillman said:

Another thing are the Aliens or/and alien spacecrafts, which i believe in, because for me it's sooo damn obvious that we are not alone, plus, we're not the most intelligent thing on the whole universe, nor the best.

there may be life, it may even be intelligent and perhaps even more intelligent than us and for all i care it may even hover around your house, but it's not better than me. i am the center of my universe on the goodness scale.

There is life out there, though intelligent lifeforms are likely to be few and far between. The really smart ones are probably waiting for us to outgrow our xenophobic and self-destructive ways before making contact.

I think 100% there is life out there, the universe is just so massive I dont think the human mind can comprehend it....well mine cant anyway lol

I think the problem is basically that there 'may' not be more 'inteligent' life in 'our' galaxy, but perhaps in other galaxies. When you think about the size of a galaxy, if other life was there, it would most likely take the life of their species to even explore a small part of their galaxy yet alone visit another.

Also, as far as I know its impossible to travel faster then light (though at one time we thought earth was flat). So by going with that, our next nearest galaxy is 2 million light years away.....thats quite a committed journey! By the time they got here, humans may be extinct, also the fact if aliens 'wanted' to commit to that journey they sure would need evidence and that may be in the form of our signals being sent out from earth....which again could take another 2 millions years or more to reach them.....thats now 4 millions years....ouch!

So we can only really hope to find life in our galaxy, the next nearest star is about 4.5 light years away.....thats reasonable, but likely no life and even if there was would it be intelligent.....not that it would stop us I guess, that would still be pretty cool.

So if 'other' intelligent life was within a reasonable distance to travel to us I doubt they would be interested in our cows and humans internal waste disposal systems.

I guess though, if they knew the sort of panic it would cause our pollution if they knew aliens excited (maybe they were in the same boat on their planet) they could have contacted certain governments and secretly made contact.

Anyway, thats me rambling on.....most likely a load of crap, but hey, thats my thoughts!

As a kid, I was a firm believer in the idea that our planet was being visited by extraterrestrials. I was also terrified of being abducted by aliens. I still am, actually, to this day, and still have the occasional nightmare about it. Heck, I just woke up from a dream involving Greys. However, I've become much more skeptical over the years. I mean, there are cameras EVERYWHERE nowadays. If there are extraterrestrials flying around in spacecraft abducting people or whatever, it'd be very unlikely in this day and age that they wouldn't be caught on film all the time, and not just as fuzzy lights in the sky either.

The Bahá'í Faith mentions intergalactic conferences in their scriptures, so I guess that means many forms of species will have access to teleportation technology. No need for spacecraft when you have portals heh.

That religion also speaks of a system that would include a world parliament, world army, world police force, world court and other global initiatives. Not the evil NWO Alex Jones is trying to defeat, meaning Wall Street and their goons in the military industrial complex.

Ledillman said:

I can't say that i don't believe in "UFO"'s because they're "Unidentified Flying Objects" so if i don't recognize something in the air it's a UFO (it can be a plane, a balloon, etc)

I was kind of meaning the implied/typical meaning of UFO not the literal meaning; like top secret military expiriments and gov't cover ups of alien operated space ships visiting Earth as per the discussion in the video. Obviously I don't care if you've seen an object in the sky and didn't know what it was but had no reason to suspect it was an alien spacecraft or top secret military experiment or something along those lines.

I suppose I should have asked: "Do you believe Earth has been visited by Aliens during the Holocene?"

People who believe in those childish stories about UFO visitations necessarily have to admit that they believe technologically advanced civilizations have traveled countless lightyears so they can

A) Molest backwoods retards.

B) Appear briefly, then leave forever.

C) Randomly fuck with cattle and crops.

D) Teach Egyptians how to construct architecture no more advanced than what they were already capable of constructing.

However, I believe 100% that aliens exist and that at least some of them are space travelers. With approximately 100 billion galaxies each containing approximately 100 billion stars, it is supremely arrogant and ignorant to pout and demand, "Why haven't they visited us yet, then?"

I wish Aliens existed, but really they don't. We would have heard radio signals a long time ago. Stories are fun. People get bored and run out of things to talk about or they don't know how to explain things so aliens. If thousands or Russians could video tape a meteor crashing, why can't thousands of people video tape anything vaguely resembling a UFO?

If UFOs are global, why haven't other governments talked about it? Do other governments have their own versions of Area 51? There was a UFO crash in Russia very very far back maybe 1900s. Where'd that UFO go? Can't meteorites come into atmosphere, glow, then bounce off where it looks like it drastically changes direction?

There are some people that feel Phobos has corridors and hallways inside of it.

Ha white jeeps with men in cammo. I like the sound of that. Cammo yourself in a big white vehicle that stands out.

'Let's look at the government's secrets and see if they're excessive.' What a funny statement. You know the kicker is probably its just a giant sex party in there with underagers that they kill to keep the secret. Its interesting nothing has really come out about this after 60+ years. Maybe its just bait and completely empty while a more mysterious base is underneath Minnesota.

Just because there are Egyptian hieroglyphics depicting aliens, doesn't mean they were visited. It probably means Romans came over a hill. Would others think HR Gieger was visited by Xenomorphs?

Oh and to top it off. What if the government acknowledges yep.... they exist, now stop asking us. Then what? Here's the UFO that crashed. Feel free to look it over. Here, take a sample of a dead alien. People are knocking at the wrong doors here. They should be trying to bait the aliens not pestering the government / armed forces if they exist.

geo said:Just because there are Egyptian hieroglyphics depicting aliens, doesn't mean they were visited.

Actually more like either taken out of context or they're fakes/hoaxes, so them being "visited" is rendered moot anyways.

Plus the entire Ancient Astronaut theory (Also the New Age movement, Conspiracy Theories, etc) can be traced back to Theosophy which is the merger of the mystical and science which is where Theosophy becomes absurd since the two should be separated since they're two completely different beasts.

I like the idea that the Mars explorer wasn't lost, but its still around taking pictures too frightening! Yep it must've found imps and pinkies. Didn't the recent Mars rover go down right after it took videos of something? I think it found plates and mugs too before that. Time to go digging.

Also when GW Bush came into power, before 9/11 didn't he sign something to reveal all info they knew about UFOs, but there was no info?

These people investigating UFOS... what good does it do? Why not invest the same time to research diseases to cure them?

XKCD said it best the other week. Nearly everyone now has a high resolution digital camera, but all we ever get are pictures of blurry round shapes in the sky.

DooMAD said:

XKCD said it best the other week. Nearly everyone now has a high resolution digital camera, but all we ever get are pictures of blurry round shapes in the sky.

Reminds me of this:

DooMAD said:

A more interesting point is that when one considers the fact that massive amounts of people from all walks of life all over the globe have video recording devices if not at least a phone that can quickly take pictures...that not just the quality, but the sheer volume of video and photographic 'evidence' of ufos has remained relatively consistent for 30 or so years. THAT is fucking incredible.

geo said:

I wish Aliens existed, but really they don't. We would have heard radio signals a long time ago.

A few ideas on why we haven't discovered evidence yet.

1) The nearest civilization capable of visiting us may be too far away, such as in an adjacent galaxy.

2) The nearest aliens capable of traveling to find us might have discovered a nearer and thus more accessible planet to explore.

3) Said aliens might not yet have the tech to travel across vast distances.

4) Said aliens might have killed themselves off (such as through war or resource hogging) before reaching a point where they can travel vast distances.

5) Interstellar space travel may be so daunting that they have only explored planets and moons within their own system.

6) They may be in the process of traveling to us but have not reached us yet.

7) Highly evolved aliens may be so sophisticated as to be completely self-sufficient and self-satisfied, making trips to other planets unnecessary.

8) Radio signals are just one type of wavelength by which we might detect ETs.

9) We focus on specific bandwidths of those signals in specific parts of the Cosmos. It's not like we're scanning the entire observable universe nightly.

As Neil deGrasse has said, things within the universe do not general come in ones, whether it's moons, black holes, stars, planets, galaxies or other celestial objects. To suggest that matter has arranged itself intelligently ONLY in this corner of the universe is supremely hubristic. It is very likely that clumps of matter throughout the universe have also become self-aware, it's only a matter of the frequency. I'm of the opinion that it's moderately rare. This isn't me being lonely and hoping that there's "something out there." I honestly don't buy the idea that we're that unique. I would imagine there are other intelligent beings wondering if they're alone.

Yep and I'm fine with those reasons. I've even said them myself. Maybe the time frame is off or the distance is too far. Scientists / astronomers have found Earth like planets elsewhere. Even if humans as we know them don't live there, that doesn't mean that there aren't liquid aliens in our oceans right now in dolphin form.

There could have been aliens on planet X I think it was called Cerce that was between Mars and Jupiter until it turned into an asteroid field.

What if they're not aliens but time travelers? They turned grey and weak from so much inbreeding and watching TV that they need our genes to survive.

What if aliens were here, inseminated a monkey to get humans? What if humans didn't evolve from monkeys, but rather they devolved from us? Maybe aliens are really ghosts that have discovered how to cross the dimension... but not for long.

Anybody see the Russian alien from April?

Now to go play X-Com. Man I love that game.

Funny thing is, despite my skepticism, I did have to admit in the poll that I did once see a UFO. I was in 6th grade and we were helping my grandmother move. I happened to be outside at the time, and I heard this low droning which I assumed to be the A/C of the apartment building she was moving into. My dad and my little sister came outside to grab some stuff from the moving truck, and my sister suddenly said she saw something in the sky and she pointed up. We all looked up and saw this cigar-shaped craft with red, white, and blue strobe lights on the underside. It was evening, but even so, its silhouette was black against the darkish background of the sky. No wings were visible, and the lights didn't look like any airplane lights any of us had ever seen. As it passed overhead, the droning I had heard earlier changed into a high-pitched whine, and I realized that the noise I had been hearing was coming from the craft, no the A/C unit. Anyway, it sped off into the distance, the noise growing fainter as it did, and we were all just left completely baffled about what we'd seen.

So yeah... I mean, these days, I don't believe we had been buzzed by extraterrestrials or anything, but whenever the topic comes up, I'm reminded of it. I guess the takeaway message for me is that just because someone claims they've seen some crazy shit, it doesn't necessarily mean they're making it up or anything, even if there is another explanation. To me, it's kind of like how some alien abductions have been explained by sleep paralysis - sure, there's a logical explanation, but that doesn't mean that someone's crazy for claiming it was aliens, or that they were lying. If you'd never heard of sleep paralysis before or knew what it was, and it happened to you, you might think you were being abducted by aliens, too.

geekmarine said:

To me, it's kind of like how some alien abductions have been explained by sleep paralysis - sure, there's a logical explanation, but that doesn't mean that someone's crazy for claiming it was aliens, or that they were lying. If you'd never heard of sleep paralysis before or knew what it was, and it happened to you, you might think you were being abducted by aliens, too.

I didn't think it was aliens, I thought I was being abducted by poltergeists, although I was aware of the sleep paralysis phenomena so I didn't really get bent out of shape about it, but it happened somewhat regularly for about a year or two. Haven't had it happen in quite some time, tho. Actually, I guess one time it did seem like I was being abducted.

Cool UFO sighting, tho. So what do you think the UFO you saw was?

Quast said:

A more interesting point is that when one considers the fact that massive amounts of people from all walks of life all over the globe have video recording devices if not at least a phone that can quickly take pictures...that not just the quality, but the sheer volume of video and photographic 'evidence' of ufos has remained relatively consistent for 30 or so years. THAT is fucking incredible.

Is that true, though?

http://slendrmeans.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/quick_hist_post90.png
source: http://slendrmeans.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/will-it-python-machine-learning-for-hackers-chapter-1-part-3-simple-summaries-and-plots/

and some UFO photos from yesteryear:

http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures.html