Find results in...

What do you think of UFOs?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of UFOs?

• Intriguing
    • nonsense
    • I believe
    • I've seen one

One of my teachers once said: "There's thousands of sightings worldwide each week, right? Well, it only takes one of those to be genuine and it would turn the world and human arrogance on its head."
Blew my mind at the time.

Every time there's a noise outside and I can't discern the cause or origin right away, every time I approach the front door to peek out and check for myself, every time the electric flickers, every time I pray that it's alien invasion.

I pray that it's alien invasion so they'll annihilate every last pathetic excuse for an oxygen-breather on this planet. I pray that it's alien invasion because I'd rather that than our eventual self-termination due to greed, profit and callousness. I pray for alien invasion so I can defect at the first opportunity and revel in helping a far superior race sweep clean the globe and take what is here as if it were theirs, as humans have consistently have done throughout history.

I live a life of ongoing and continual disappointment.

Interesting interview with a propulsion expert allegedly working at area 51:

And... the guy appears to be a pathological liar.

Jayextee said:

Every time there's a noise outside and I can't discern the cause or origin right away, every time I approach the front door to peek out and check for myself, every time the electric flickers, every time I pray that it's alien invasion.

I pray that it's alien invasion so they'll annihilate every last pathetic excuse for an oxygen-breather on this planet. I pray that it's alien invasion because I'd rather that than our eventual self-termination due to greed, profit and callousness. I pray for alien invasion so I can defect at the first opportunity and revel in helping a far superior race sweep clean the globe and take what is here as if it were theirs, as humans have consistently have done throughout history.

Why aliens? Why not the Mexican cartel or Koreans?

Hellbent said:

Is that true, though?

Yes, and that neat graph shows nothing interesting to the contrary. 'Reported sightings' are not the same as video or photographic evidence. I mean, given what is out there from prior to the 90s even, with an apparent order of magnitude more 'sightings' according to that totaly legit graph AND the prevalence of recording devices, then we should be drowning in it by now. But we're not.

Hellbent said:

Lol propulsion expert my ass. Lazar is a known fraud and has been since the beginning. He claimed to have degrees from MIT and cal tech but couldn't even name any professors or classmates he would've known or classes he would have taken. Amazingly enough it was ufologists that did their homework on his life and found out who he really is. If the ufologists can even sniff you out, then your story is pretty bunk.

http://ufo.whipnet.org/area.51/bob.lazar/lazar.timeline.html

Regarding what I saw, my best bet for a terrestrial explanation is a jet of some kind. Maybe it was the darkness, maybe it was the light configuration, or whatever, that led me to not recognize it as a jet. It's entirely possible that I simply didn't see the wings in the evening sky, and that it had a non-standard light pattern which threw me off. But really, thinking about it, it had blinking lights and moved like a jet. Sure it didn't sound like a jet, and it didn't have wings that I could see, and the colors of the lights were wrong, but again, it could just be that I did not observe it under optimal conditions.

If either its movement across the sky or ts behavior was irregular, I'd lend more credence to the idea that it was not of this earth or something, but it pretty much acted exactly the way you'd expect a jet to, there were just things about how it looked that seemed wrong.

Obsidian said:

I just came here to see if there were any gggmork posts. Heh.

Not yet, but surely they will be along before too long.

Quast: yes, halfway through the interview I figured I'd try to verify the guy's legitimacy and came across a video where Stanton Friedman (Ufologist) pointed out all the things you just pointed out. My bad.

Hellbent said:

My bad.

You shouldn't look at it that way though, it's not your fault. This kind of thing is rampant in the 'legitimate' ufological community. They simply can't or flat out refuse to truly distance themselves from nonsense such as frauds like lazar or glenn dennis and other 'parts' of the entire movement such as the contactee/abduction/new age elements and its proponents like george adamanski and karla turner. I can fully understand if there are people legitimately interested or concerned about this kind of thing. But everyone is being taken for a ride.

Why? Because it's not about objective fact or the truth, its about the movement itself and money, lots of money. I mean, lazar and his story have been known for what they are for almost 30 years aaaand people still believe his crap. Travis Walton and his brother are known frauds and to this day continue to travel to ufo conventions to make a living from their lies.

Obsidian said:

I just came here to see if there were any gggmork posts. Heh.

He might finally tell us about the day he was abducted, probed, mutilated and dumped in a crop circle by members of the Bahá'í faith, who are secretly in league with the greys and have access to some of their technology.

Jayextee said:

Don't worry, at the press conference over a decade ago, Dr. Greer warned humanity of putting weapons systems into space because of the fear that our visitors may destroy them and then the entire planet in order to have universal peace. Dr. Greer quoted Douglas MacArthur at a lecture some years ago from the 1960's: "World War III will be interplanetary".

He also spoke of a plan put in place already back in 1974 that would guarantee a 'fake' alien invasion using ARVs with PLFs and that every world leader would be deceived by it. This plan was completed and ready to use back during the decade at the height of the Nixon administration debacle.

Made me think about the military drill I mentioned in the WW3 thread entitled Apollo Guardian which we know nothing about after all these years. Global Guardian was about nuclear war fighting, so maybe the US Space Command drill is like a real world UAC plasma gun laser system in space drill preparing humanity for the 'fake' alien invasion soon?

MRB_Doom said:

He also spoke of a plan put in place already back in 1974 that would guarantee a 'fake' alien invasion using ARVs with PLFs and that every world leader would be deceived by it. This plan was completed and ready to use back in 1974 at the height of the Nixon administration's troubles.

that's basically the plot of watchmen.

MRB_Doom said:

Don't worry, at the press conference over a decade ago, Dr. Greer warned humanity of putting weapons systems into space because of the fear that our visitors may destroy them and then the entire planet in order to have universal peace. Dr. Greer quoted Douglas MacArthur at a lecture some years ago from the 1960's: "World War III will be interplanetary".

He also spoke of a plan put in place already back in 1974 that would guarantee a 'fake' alien invasion using ARVs with PLFs and that every world leader would be deceived by it. This plan was completed and ready to use back during the decade at the height of the Nixon administration debacle.

Made me think about the military drill I mentioned in the WW3 thread entitled Apollo Guardian which we know nothing about after all these years. Global Guardian was about nuclear war fighting, so maybe the US Space Command drill is like a real world UAC plasma gun laser system in space drill preparing humanity for the 'fake' alien invasion soon?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/305/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

It's becoming very apparent that your a whacked out conspiracy believer/theorist here which is also why your so fixated and keep bumping up that "WW3" thread where it should have died long ago.

I do see a interchangeable link between conspiracy theorists like yourself and religious people who do nothing but spread the "Word of God" around and at the same time your simply scaring yourself and turn around trying to instill fear into others creating a atmosphere of fear mongering here which is the danger here with conspiracy theories since they are all driven by emotions (fear & paranoia thinking that the "government" is out to get them in some form or another and ultimately anger at the "government" which is the root cause of it which causes to believe in conspiracy theories) not by logic and reason how things work.

I think another aspect of conspiracy theorists that relates it to religion is to me, it seems like they're very uncomfortable with the notion of a random universe, and so everything has to happen for a reason, that everything has to be some part of some larger master plan. Oh sure, that plan is sinister and evil, but there is a plan. And if there's a plan, there's something you can do about it. If an evil government is staging horrible acts as part of some greater plan, then theoretically that government could be stopped and thus those acts prevented.

So oddly enough, there is comfort in the paranoia. It's easier to worry about things we can prevent than it is to worry about things we can't. I mean, it's along the same lines as why so many people are much more afraid of terrorists than heart attacks. Heart attacks kill far more people, but they're completely random and could happen at any time. It's safer to fear terrorists because theoretically we can send our army out and kick their buts and prevent their evil schemes.

geekmarine said:

I think another aspect of conspiracy theorists that relates it to religion is to me, it seems like they're very uncomfortable with the notion of a random universe, and so everything has to happen for a reason, that everything has to be some part of some larger master plan. Oh sure, that plan is sinister and evil, but there is a plan. And if there's a plan, there's something you can do about it. If an evil government is staging horrible acts as part of some greater plan, then theoretically that government could be stopped and thus those acts prevented.

So oddly enough, there is comfort in the paranoia. It's easier to worry about things we can prevent than it is to worry about things we can't. I mean, it's along the same lines as why so many people are much more afraid of terrorists than heart attacks. Heart attacks kill far more people, but they're completely random and could happen at any time. It's safer to fear terrorists because theoretically we can send our army out and kick their buts and prevent their evil schemes.

Well actually the point is, a car crash, getting hit by a car or even having simple health problems is far more likely to kill you than some nuclear war/WWIII or a "false alien invasion" and such.

Here's a interesting thread I found about why people believe:

http://metabunk.org/threads/why-do-people-believe.1485/

There's no option for Intriguing nonsense. I firmly believe in life on other planets but whether or not people have been abducted or otherwise seen aliens is laughable. The question that I would pose to believers is if aliens were advanced enough to travel to other galaxies why would they come to earth?

Hellbent said:

And... the guy appears to be a pathological liar.

liar or not. I LOVED this interview. LOVED it.

I saw a UFO once. It was when I was in 7th grade, at school. Was just looking at the sky casually when I saw a tiny ovoid silver fleck, appearing to be at about the height of the cirrus clouds that were out that day, that reminded me of the space ship from "The Navigator" movie. It was moving straight at first like an airplane, but then suddenly made an impossibly tight 180 turn and vanished after a short motion in the opposite direction.

Never saw anything like that before, never seen anything like it after. I won't even conjecture on what it was, of course :P Could it have been some kind of crazy hallucination? Maybe, but, there would have been zero reason for it at that time, and for that to be the only time ever.

Pres Raygun said it best. Aliens would make us forget we hate each other... Then the Bush family made it happen. Saddam and Osama.

Nightmare Doom said:

It's becoming very apparent that your a whacked out conspiracy believer/theorist here which is also why your so fixated and keep bumping up that "WW3" thread where it should have died long ago.

I do see a interchangeable link between conspiracy theorists like yourself and religious people who do nothing but spread the "Word of God" around and at the same time your simply scaring yourself and turn around trying to instill fear into others creating a atmosphere of fear mongering here which is the danger here with conspiracy theories since they are all driven by emotions (fear & paranoia thinking that the "government" is out to get them in some form or another and ultimately anger at the "government" which is the root cause of it which causes to believe in conspiracy theories) not by logic and reason how things work.

Yeah I'm a nut alright for not believing the disgusting conspiracy theory Richard Clarke screamed about in the Oval office at 9:00 AM on 9/11 about bin Laden and al-Qaeda when no proof was given at all to that nonsense at the time. Then a decade later the entire world is being brainwashed to think that al-Qaeda is the only terrorist organization on the planet. No thanks, I'm good where I am and I don't need your bullshit. And take your fucking attitude somewhere else, it's boring.

MRB_Doom said:

Yeah I'm a nut alright for not believing the disgusting conspiracy theory Richard Clarke screamed about in the Oval office at 9:00 AM on 9/11 about bin Laden and al-Qaeda when no proof was given at all to that nonsense at the time. Then a decade later the entire world is being brainwashed to think that al-Qaeda is the only terrorist organization on the planet. No thanks, I'm good where I am and I don't need your bullshit. And take your fucking attitude somewhere else, it's boring.

Because you are a nut apparently.

Also when you use words like "brainwashed" not only it's conspiracy vocabulary but you also lose all creditability.

I think you seem to forget that Al-Qaeda was a CIA created coop to counter the Soviet Union controlled puppet state in Afghanistan in a Proxy-War which eversince the Soviet Union fell they (and the Taliban) turned Afghanistan into a Islamic theocracy and turned against the West and the rest is history.

Nightmare Doom said:

When you use words like "brainwashed" not only it's conspiracy vocabulary but you also lose all creditability.

I think you seem to forget that Al-Qaeda was a CIA created coop to counter the Soviet Union controlled puppet state in Afghanistan in a Proxy-War which eversince the Soviet Union fell they (and the Taliban) turned Afghanistan into a Islamic theocracy and turned against the West and the rest is history.

Al-Qaeda is a pathetic Robert Gates creation and he was an office boy for Zbigniew Brzezinski at the National Security Council during the Carter administration. Brzezinski smashed the Warsaw pact and the Soviet Union by luring them into Afghanistan via a secret operation that he bragged about in an interview with a French newspaper back in 1998.

Sending special forces and CIA in July 1979, SIX months before the Soviets invaded. Two to three million dead and millions of refugees and the old hawk does not even regret it by flaming up the fundamentalists that later led to the Taliban regime.

Brzezinski is not done yet, he's going strong against Putin and the Russian Federation via these people power coups in former Soviet satellite states and putting NATO puppets into power of for example Ukraine, a very important country in regards to strategic balance between NATO and Russia.

Hellbent said:

^^^^^^

But what's the context of it? That proves nothing. Where's the land? What were they doing when they filmed it? This looks like a light saber floating in the air. One of those model rockets that has lights on the side. Or something testing for a laser light show? Can't see the size or angle. It could be anything. Maybe its an optical illusion floating in water and not the sky. Like photos of people standing on the ceiling that really just have the camera on the wall and people doing head stands.