Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

The usual "GooberMan's bored at class" thread

*yawn* We're learning pointers tonight, but I already know them... While everyone was modifying example code to include pointers to some basic variables, I was modifying the functions in the code to accept pointers... So basically I'm bored.
A game that gets played quite a bit around here is Liero. Think of Worms, and think of it running in real time, and that would be Liero. You can get it and a few utilites from The Wormhole. It's real fun setting weapon reload time to 0%, blood to 500% (or 32750% if u get the blood amount modifier), and just letting loose...
Failing that, an online Java version of the old game Scorched Earth was brought to my attention earlier. Check out the Scorched Earth 2000 site. You can play multiplayer over the net :)

Reminds me of my times in school. All we did on the last year was playing wtih computer. Either scorched earth on the 386's or quake deathmatch/team fortress via lanon the new computers.

Ahhhh scorched earth, now I remember. It was the greatest game I played on my 386 a couple of years ago, great game. I think I still have the original pocket and the diskette.

You actually have computers to work with in your programming classes? Wow. I had to sit in a lecture hall with roughly 400 other peeps and watch the professor commit Powerpoint abuse.

I need power point... need to open a file I got from my sister. Damn.

You can probably download a legal Powerpoint viewer somewhere. Damn near all proprietary filetypes have a free viewer.

My friend will be making a shitload of levels for Liero and possibly a new graphics set for it so we'll be set for class for all of next week :)