Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chesse20

slade texture editing???

whats the easyist way to import textures into slade 2?
im new at this and i couldnt find a button to let me copy textures from paint into slade so i guess its more difficult that that?

Textures of a bruiser demon? Textures that go on a wall or sprites that look like monsters?

For sprites, make sure there are to SS_START and SS_END markers at the start/end of your images.

BloodyAcid said:

Textures of a bruiser demon? Textures that go on a wall or sprites that look like monsters?

For sprites, make sure there are to SS_START and SS_END markers at the start/end of your images.

the ss_start and ss_end are there
the consle tells me there is an error
"invalid data encountred with insert sprite here" for all sprites of shrek

Could you please post your wad?

edit: i cant read to save my life

Other errors might be not having 4 letter sprite names, bad decorate calls, or just about anything else.

BloodyAcid said:

Could you please post your wad?

Other errors might be not having 4 letter sprite names, bad decorate calls, or just about anything else.

that was what the download link was for

Apart from the GIFs, leaving duplicate sprites and DECORATE scripts in a wad isn't a good idea.

You need to change the frame offsets. If they're all the same image, offsets of 12 by 53 (about half the width and a few pixels less than the height) with the graphic type set to "sprite" should do the job.

wow thanks you two
ill make sure to give credit to you when i release
shrek vs doomguy to the idgames archive

I hope you're planning to add some animation to that sprite, since what you have at the moment is bordering on Terryble. The sprite sheet you're borrowing from doesn't help either, they look like they've been ripped from a side-scrolling platformer.

GreyGhost said:

I hope you're planning to add some animation to that sprite, since what you have at the moment is bordering on Terryble. The sprite sheet you're borrowing from doesn't help either, they look like they've been ripped from a side-scrolling platformer.

i added an attack animation and a death animation

That's a start. Make sure it gets some playtesting and feedback before uploading to the archive.

GreyGhost said:

That's a start. Make sure it gets some playtesting and feedback before uploading to the archive.

too late i already uploaded it and map01 doesnt even have a working exit

seems to be a recurring notion for your works

upload before testing, huh