Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beloko

Prboom Plus on Android. OUT NOW - Doom Touch

Beloko, I have an issue. Whenever GZDoom gets stuck, when I use fast reboot and erase it from memory, the music still plays. The only way to fix it is by force stopping it.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Beloko, I have an issue. Whenever GZDoom gets stuck, when I use fast reboot and erase it from memory, the music still plays. The only way to fix it is by force stopping it.

Hi what do you mean by 'gets stuck' and by fast reboot? You mean it crashes? Thanks

By "Fast Reboot", I mean another app out there in the playstore.

By "gets stuck", i mean...it just stops. Freezes in place, but still plays the music. At some points I have to take the battery out.

EDIT: This happens especially on Brutal Doom (regardless of action). It also crashes Action Doom 2 after I select my skill.

Fellowzdoomer said:

By "Fast Reboot", I mean another app out there in the playstore.

By "gets stuck", i mean...it just stops. Freezes in place, but still plays the music. At some points I have to take the battery out.

Oh OK so sometimes it locks up, what happens to the screen? Is there any animation or anything, just the music keeps playing? Under what circumstances does it happen, with particular mods? Does it happen on vanilla Doom?
Thanks

This happens especially on Brutal Doom (regardless of action). It also crashes Action Doom 2 after I select my skill.

There's no animation and it only happens on GZDoom

printz said:

Does this have online verification DRM? I tried playing it offline.

Shit.

Are you sure that including the gzdoom code is legal?

IMO, you should get rid of the new gzdoom port. Gzdoom has BUILD code in the software renderer (non-commercial) and uses the non commercial fmod. If you didn't fix these problems, then you should replace gzdoom with odamex. It doesn't support as many features, but it's the most advanced portable doom port and is 100% gpl safe.

Also, putting your ports on f-droid would be a nice touch.

Danfun64 said:

Are you sure that including the gzdoom code is legal?

IMO, you should get rid of the new gzdoom port. Gzdoom has BUILD code in the software renderer (non-commercial) and uses the non commercial fmod. If you didn't fix these problems, then you should replace gzdoom with odamex. It doesn't support as many features, but it's the most advanced portable doom port and is 100% gpl safe.

Also, putting your ports on f-droid would be a nice touch.

Hi I have tried my best to abide by the license by doing the following:
I have removed all the Build code (Software renderer is removed and not compiled in), also removed all OPL music code is gone, and upgrade the sound from FMOD Ex to FMOD Studio which is now free for Indy devs (http://www.fmod.org/sales/) - and registered the app with Firelight Technologies (FMOD)

Also happy to look at odamex anyway when I get a chance :)

Anyone else experiencing crashes on the latest version? Using Prboom (OpenGL)

I played ALOT (went thru both main wads plus a couple others) this last summer using the latest version at the time (2.1 ?) without any problems at all but now with the latest version it crashes every single time.

It might be some sort of memoryleak issue as the first level useally plays fine but the next will crash.
Easy way to replicate is to load doom2 > start new game > once level has loaded > type idclev22 (or whichever mapnumber) > level will load and I can play for about 10 seconds and then it crashes.

I've tested it on multiple devices with both my previous configs and clean installs (no mods or custom files) with the same result and as I said it was working before so it shouldnt be a hardware/setting issue.

contra said:

Anyone else experiencing crashes on the latest version? Using Prboom (OpenGL)

I played ALOT (went thru both main wads plus a couple others) this last summer using the latest version at the time (2.1 ?) without any problems at all but now with the latest version it crashes every single time.

It might be some sort of memoryleak issue as the first level useally plays fine but the next will crash.
Easy way to replicate is to load doom2 > start new game > once level has loaded > type idclev22 (or whichever mapnumber) > level will load and I can play for about 10 seconds and then it crashes.

I've tested it on multiple devices with both my previous configs and clean installs (no mods or custom files) with the same result and as I said it was working before so it shouldnt be a hardware/setting issue.

I can't reproduce this, it could be corrupt doom2.wad or maybe a broken settings in prboom, try deleting the .cfg file and try again.

These may be the same issues that I was having on Scythe 2 and 2002: A Doom Odyssey, PWADs that claim to only require limit removing source ports. The GZDoom port inside of D-Touch does not cause this problem for me, but I prefer PrBoom+.

I've done some more testing and it does seem to be isolated to doom2 as doom,plutonia and tnt seems to be working fine though I cant be sure.

Not all levels crash, map30 works for example, but map22 will crash every time.

It works fine using prboom software and the other ports (gz,choc) so it seems unlikely that the wad is corrupted but to make sure I have reinstalled a bunch of times and even tried a couple of diffrent versions of the doom2.wad but with the same result.

I could resort to using the other ports I guess but tbh I'd rather not play at all since I very much prefer prboom (gl) and it's frustrating since it have been working fine before.

contra said:

I've done some more testing and it does seem to be isolated to doom2 as doom,plutonia and tnt seems to be working fine though I cant be sure.

Not all levels crash, map30 works for example, but map22 will crash every time.

It works fine using prboom software and the other ports (gz,choc) so it seems unlikely that the wad is corrupted but to make sure I have reinstalled a bunch of times and even tried a couple of diffrent versions of the doom2.wad but with the same result.

I could resort to using the other ports I guess but tbh I'd rather not play at all since I very much prefer prboom (gl) and it's frustrating since it have been working fine before.

Hi, OK the MD5 of my doom2.wad is: 25e1459ca71d321525f84628f45ca8cd
Feel free to send me your version if it is different and I can give it a try. I can also send you an old version of the app and we can see if that makes a difference. The only thing which has changed in PrBoom is the compiler used (newer), it's possible this has caused issues.

Gez said:

Hey, have you thought about bundling Doom Touch with Freedoom and Hacx? And maybe even also some of the free IWADs for ZDoom (Harmony, Urban Brawl, Chex Quest 3, Square...).

Also, there's something broken on your site:
http://beloko.com/?page=games
this page links to
http://beloko.com/?page=game_wolf3d
which is 404.

Hey yeah thanks I have not finished most of the game pages - I am just very slow at creating those pages, they take ages! But thanks for reminding me - I have just updated the Wolfenstein app so I will take a look at the webpage now I think.

I have thought about having the option to download free IWADs like that but I have not had a chance to ask the authors yet - I would want to make sure there was no personal issue at all with them first. I don't think they would mind as I guess it can only make the WADs more popular, but I would need to check first.

beloko said:

Hi, OK the MD5 of my doom2.wad is: 25e1459ca71d321525f84628f45ca8cd
Feel free to send me your version if it is different and I can give it a try. I can also send you an old version of the app and we can see if that makes a difference. The only thing which has changed in PrBoom is the compiler used (newer), it's possible this has caused issues.

Yes, MD5 is the same as mine. It'd be great if you could send the old version to confirm if that works or not to further pinpoint the problem.
I sent you a PM with my email.
Thanks for your willingness to help btw! Good support! :)

My other apps started to rust from disuse after I got Doom Touch. It has some flaws but it's still more than playable. The fact that GZDoom is there is absolutely amazing. Best 2€ I ever spent.

Does this support demo playback?

For example, can i watch demos from the competn archive? Or new wad fdas that people post?

Beloko,
Any chance of support for full timidity++ support in the gzdoom of D-touch next build? The GUS doesn't sound very good, but timidity inside of prboom+ is fantastic.

mdmenzel said:

Beloko,
Any chance of support for full timidity++ support in the gzdoom of D-touch next build? The GUS doesn't sound very good, but timidity inside of prboom+ is fantastic.

Next version has working fluidsynth for gzdoom and prboom, sounds nice but needs a reasonably powerful device. Will this be OK?

I'm thinking of getting a JXD s7800b for my portable Dooming needs. Has anyone any experience of Doom Touch on such a device?

Average said:

I'm thinking of getting a JXD s7800b for my portable Dooming needs. Has anyone any experience of Doom Touch on such a device?

I've got it running perfectly on a cheap-ass tablet. What do you want to know? I'm guessing you're wondering about the integrated controls your tablet will have?