Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Velvetic

Doom entire soundtrack remastered (Back to Saturn X E1 and E2 Too!!!!)

I've been playing Doom since i was little, and the thing that i always loved about the series was the Soundtrack, i don't know if it hypnotized me, but its freaking awesome!

So now i remastered the entire Soundtrack of Doom, Doom II and Evilution with all that it has to offer, but much more hardcore!

Update 04/09/2014:
Added the Back to Saturn X E1 and E2 to the list.

---DOOM Remastered Vol. 1 (DOOM)--- (OLD)

Preview:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ihn6x4cxcvxgb7a/Kira_-_DOOM_Remastered_Vol._1_(DOOM).rar

---DOOM Remastered Vol. 2 (DOOM II)--- (OLD)

Preview:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ai03gvbe61sjarb/Kira_-_DOOM_Remastered_Vol._2_(DOOM_II).rar

---DOOM Remastered Vol. 3 (TNT Evilution)--- (OLD)

Preview:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eyyoj4s119u10xt/Kira_-_DOOM_Remastered_Vol._3_(TNT_Evilution).rar

---Back to Saturn X Episode One (Get Out Of My Stations) Remastered--- (Semi-OLD)

Preview:

Download MP3 Album:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/29m22ig3og2tgpd/Kira_-_Back_to_Saturn_X_Episode_One_(Get_Out_Of_My_Stations)_Remastered.rar

Download PK3 File (Updated 04/09/14):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yng0w2l3ya0nr05/BTSXe1OST.pk3

---Back to Saturn X Episode Two (Tower in the Fountain of Sparks) Remastered--- (NEW)

Preview:

Download MP3 Album:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0iuxg84g4ragunn/2014_-_Back_to_Saturn_X_Episode_Two_(Tower_in_the_Fountain_of_Sparks)_Remastered.rar

Download PK3 File:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sigw5i8jgzt797c/BTSXe2OST.pk3

ps. if i had a bad grammar, sry, i'm from brazil(not HUEHUE)
ps again... this is my very first post here

Hmm, this actually sounds pretty good. Though I do have two things to point out that could use fixing.

1. Get rid of the popping noise that the sawtooth makes in Demons on The Prey.

2. Use something else for the opening instruments for Sign of Evil. I think a Taiko Drum and a Tubular Bell like the 3DO version would work fantastically.

Also, may I make a suggestion for Sweet Little Dead Bunny? You should add stock sounds of children laughing and birds chirping in the happy part and transition that into demonic laughter and the sound of a roaring fire in the evil part. It would definitely make the song alot more creepy and evil.

Downloaded all of them and listening to them now. Actually rather good, I like most of the sound. Although, some of them have audio problems that shouldn't be there. The pops in E1M7 are slightly annoying, and some of the others seem to have very minor poppiness or something (like in the first seconds of the Endgame music). I really like the rocking hardcore sound, though, you did a great job on that.

A little too much phaser for my liking but great instrument set

Very nice stuff, tho I can agree with the sawtooth comment made above.

I'm updating this thread to let you guys know that i'm currently remastering the soundtrack for Back to Saturn X, and this time i'm taking careful looks at every mistake.

Here's a preview(not a preview at all, just me playing with the songs in action, and i suck at doom)

Map 01:

Map 02(also title and inter.):

KevinHEZ said:

I'm updating this thread to let you guys know that i'm currently remastering the soundtrack for Back to Saturn X, and this time i'm taking careful looks at every mistake.

You aren't remastering audio tracks here. You're putting midi data into a DAW to trigger software synths and samples, as opposed to a soundfont. There's nothing wrong with that, but "remastering" has been certainly been misused as a marketing term before.

It's not a mistake that BtSX used midi files for music by the way. It's a result of working within a project's set limitations; i.e. vanilla doom cannot play raw audio formats, such as mp3 and ogg.

Khorus said:

You aren't remastering audio tracks here. You're putting midi data into a DAW to trigger software synths and samples, as opposed to a soundfont. There's nothing wrong with that, but "remastering" has been certainly been misused as a marketing term before.

It's not a mistake that BtSX used midi files for music by the way. It's a result of working within a project's set limitations; i.e. vanilla doom cannot play raw audio formats, such as mp3 and ogg.

actually i play the guitar on some tracks, like the second one from BtSX, if you listen carefully, you can see some mistakes that i overlooked

EDIT: also, by mistakes, i mean MY mistakes, not from the midis, and i'm doing this type of "remasterization" because i feel that if a song is perfect, leave it like that, or do a faithful "cover", and i'm saying remastered, because everything you hear, is in the song, my point here is to think like if Bobby Prince made the soundtrack today using live instrument or vst's, i know that i'm not really remastering, but if people actually enjoys it, i'll keep doing it, btw, thx for the reply, every opinion is important for me. xD

ps. if my english sucks, my bad.

nice job KevinHEZ on these remixes. I'm really digging video game music, any chance for a lossless (flac) version of your albums? I'd really appreciate it.

After listening to short bits of each, I can't say I like Entering too much. Phobophobe sounds pretty nice, though I do love that track anyway.

Can I package this up in a pk3 and have it as an addon for doomsday?
it will go on the addons website

Also, do you have it in ogg format?

KuriKai said:

Can I package this up in a pk3 and have it as an addon for doomsday?
it will go on the addons website

Also, do you have it in ogg format?

Sure. xD

you're riding a steamroller through a minefield, my friend.

I'm not going to start another thread.

The reason is that i'm working on a remix album called "The Remixes From Hell", and i've decided to stop "remastering" doom songs (except for btsx) instead i'm going to remix them into my own style.

Here is Into Devil's City (Into Sandy's City Remix):

Wow, these are amazing. Especially the BTSX set. I listen to the BTSX soundtrack by itself frequently, so... Amazing.

I like it, as much as I miss the harpsichord. It really added some texture and... I dunno... 'sinister elegance' I guess you could say, to the track. That's my main gripe with a lot of rock/metal remixes, things tend to blend into a wall of guitars and drums.

It's a good remix all around, though you probably should've called it "Into Satan's City", to keep the alliteration intact.

P.S. Author of thread linked to it just today in another topic. Seemed pretty relevant to me.

Jaxxoon R said:

I like it, as much as I miss the harpsichord. It really added some texture and... I dunno... 'sinister elegance' I guess you could say, to the track. That's my main gripe with a lot of rock/metal remixes, things tend to blend into a wall of guitars and drums.

It's a good remix all around, though you probably should've called it "Into Satan's City", to keep the alliteration intact.

P.S. Author of thread linked to it just today in another topic. Seemed pretty relevant to me.

Good point, but the album is not going to be all metal. "Into Satan's City" would've been a great name. :(

P.S. I linked in the BtSX e2 thread because i just finished my "remastered" version of the soundtrack, just look at the first post and you'll see. xD