Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Avoozl

Making Hacx maps with gzdoom features?

I've been wanting to make maps for Hacx with GZDoom features but how do I make a usable cfg for GZDoom Builder to do this?

Looks like that shouldn't be too difficult -

• Make copies of Doom2_things.cfg and Doom_things.cfg (from Includes folder)
  • Edit the titles of things that have changed (if their names are known or obvious) and delete unused things
  • Merge the config files and save as Hacx_things.cfg to Includes folder
  • Open (for example) GZDoom_DoomHexen.cfg and edit game = "GZDoom: Doom (Hexen format)"; to read game = "GZDoom: Hacx (Hexen format)";
  • Scroll down to THING TYPES, delete the line include("Includes\\Doom_things.cfg"); and edit the next line to read include("Includes\\Hacx_things.cfg");
  • Save the config file as GZDoom_HacxHexen.cfg
  • Run GZDoom Builder, set HACX.WAD as the IWAD for that config and cross your fingers, since I haven't tried this myself yet

EDIT - The DECORATE lump inside version 1.2 of HACX.WAD should provide most if not all of the new thing names.

I know this is lazy but could anyone help me out by making the necessary configs?

It's just that I've only managed to summon enough motivation to start making the maps but not for the work to make it possible to via the gzdoom builder.

micro-bump!

I haven't forgotten about this. Hacx_things.cfg is practically ready, along with configs for GZDoom and Zandronum. All I need is a bit of free time tomorrow to test it out.

Try this - it's derived from the Hacx 1.2 DECORATE lump and a few bits I had to work out for myself. The port config files are based on SVN release 1754 of GZDoom Builder and I don't know how old a release you can use before a small but significant config file change starts throwing up error messages. Speaking of which, you'll see a big list of errors if GZDoom/Zandronum/ZDoom.pk3 aren't at the top of the resource list.