Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belandino

Doom marine's face

Who did they take inspiration from for the marine's face? I know they used Kevin Cloud as a model for the marine's hands, but nobody ever talked about the marine's face, as far as I know.

My guess is he was modeled after B.J Blazkowicz who was probably just drawn up as your stereotypical square-jawed military badass. Some say his face is modeled after Kevin Cloud too, but I doubt that's the case.

Jodwin once posted a pic proving that he looked like a random Finnish dude.

Yeah the Doom marine really doesn't look like Kevin Cloud. What I find strange is he looks like... Me! But no they couldn't take me as model back in the day since i was only 7 when Doom came out. :-P

Maes said:

Have you got a link for that?I am curious.

Platinum Shell said:

I love you for this. I remember being on a video about the Doom 3 movie, and one dude posted about this actor guy that I swear looked 90% like the real deal...I'm going to do some digging. Fairly sure Patrick was his name.

I'll laugh my nuts off if it was Patrick Stewart.

Anonymous3000 said:

Can't find a good photo of me. In this old photo I barely look like the Doom marine at the end of E3:
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img197/9826/r5em.jpg

Watchoo talkin' about, there ain't a marine at the end of E3.

Maes said:

heh Doom guy does look like average finnish guy with that haircut and all.

Someone already mentioned that he looks like Jean Claude van Damme, and I agree! Same look on his face.

Obsidian said:

I was wondering a little while ago who was the voice behind the Doomguy. Any ideas?

My guess is some random guy who happened to get shot and killed outside ID's office.
Joking aside, I probably think they did what Apogee did with ROTT and just got some guys from the office to do the voice acting, it's not exactly a professional job to sit in front of a microphone and go AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

I have been wondering who they based his face off too. It was most likely Kevin Cloud. Ben Daniels who played Goat in the DOOM movie looks a lot like him though.

Obsidian said:

I was wondering a little while ago who was the voice behind the Doomguy. Any ideas?

Marcel Marceau - being poked with a branding iron?

Obsidian said:

All of his sounds were obtained from the General Sound Ideas SFX library, so nobody at id recorded any voices for him, with the possibly exception of the normal death scream being made by Bobby Prince.

more about weird doom voices, I remember reading that archvile death cry bobby did was warped sound of little girl saying " why?"

Marnetmar said:

Some say his face is modeled after Kevin Cloud too, but I doubt that's the case.

That'd be the Doom3 guy, he is modeled after Kevin Cloud.

BaronOfStuff said:

I'll laugh my nuts off if it was Patrick Stewart.

Watchoo talkin' about, there ain't a marine at the end of E3.

Sorry I meant E4.

Marnetmar said:

indeed, he looks quite similar. actually i noticed this long ago, especially when doomguy is looking left and right he resembles van damme pretty well. although i'm sure no one at id thought of van damme, but perhaps of doomguy being a descendant of bj.

Waffenak said:

more about weird doom voices, I remember reading that archvile death cry bobby did was warped sound of little girl saying " why?"

yep, because he's a healer and can't understand why someone would shoot such a nice guy.

When I was a wee one, I always thought Doomguy looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger when I played it on the SNES.

PRIMEVAL said:

When I was a wee one, I always thought Doomguy looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger when I played it on the SNES.

Hahaha, same here.