Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy #876

What is the holy grail of Doom collectibles?

scalliano said:

From a modder's perspective, I'd say the 3D renders for Doom64's missing enemies. Legend has it that they were made, although whether they were made into sprites before they were ditched remains a mystery.

We should try talking to Gilman again. He did confirm to me that he has the files and software on a disc still! Who knows what else is on there! Kick starter proposal to buy them? Ha!

Thinking about it, the holy grail of Doom collectibles would be the entire development team of Doom. You could even put them in a recreation of their own offices.

GhostlyDeath said:

the entire development team of Doom.

Nice! If you can afford the upkeep. What do you think might work best long-term, cryogenic suspension or embalming?

Waffenak said:

What is function of that old Id software office nowadays, that black glass cube building

Isn't that the one they still use?

GreyGhost said:

Nice! If you can afford the upkeep. What do you think might work best long-term, cryogenic suspension or embalming?

Kind of makes you wonder. Doom really was lightning in a bottle, a product of its circumstances. You could put the whole original development team in an office, at gunpoint, and they probably couldn't create anything nearly as good even if their lives depended on it. They say with enough monkeys, time and typewriters, you would end up with a Shakespearean piece. That actually sounds more feasible than a positive outcome in the first scenario I described.

The Civ said:

Isn't that the one they still use?

I remember they located their office somewhere else, it was their 90's address

Waffenak said:

Is there confirmed number how many prototype cyberdemons they made? I got one in my collection

Yes. According to Ed, co-owner of Reaper, there are "between 15 and 20" of each of the 2 designs. Most (about 15 each) went to current id employees, a few floated around the offices of Reaper. Who knows how many are permanently lost or destroyed though. You're sitting on a piece worth +/- $2,000 - congrats!

Brad_tilf said:

I still personally have a signed copy of the Doom 3 theme song (vinyl - 45) #375 of 500 (never played). I think that's a pretty cool collectible

Cool, never knew they released the Doom 3 theme song on vinyl. Who signed the copy?

Adrian Carmacs Concept art for all the doom stuff as it was on paper. I would love to see his sketch on the Pinky Demon.

GhostlyDeath said:

Thinking about it, the holy grail of Doom collectibles would be the entire development team of Doom. You could even put them in a recreation of their own offices.

This would be a terrible sci-fi movie.

I have a copy of the Doom Comic I'm very proud of. I make everyone who enters my domain read it.

fraggle said:

How about a screen adaptation of The Book of id, with maybe a hint of Groundhog Day? We could call it "Doom Roguelike - the Movie".

tomocean22 said:

I have a copy of the Doom Comic I'm very proud of. I make everyone who enters my domain read it.

Is your mom bored of it yet?

(Sorry.)

Dusty said:

I buy some Reaper Doom pewter minis for a premium price - and any Doom/Quake/Heretic/Wolfenstein item in excellent or perfect condition!

E-mail dusty@mvpmotorsports.com if you have any to sell!

Never replied.

fraggle said:

Put them on a spaceship where they have to put aside their creative differences in order to battle a horde of aliens while designing a new video game. Somehow success in one depends on success in the other. Now it's a bad sci-fi movie :P

Jon said:

Never replied.

I may have missed it. I've been traveling a lot the last couple of months and definitely have missed some emails - please resend.