Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannonball

Perdition's Gate demos [-complevel 2]

MD922 said:

What route did you use?
I can't find anyway to get under 10 or even 10.

Lower lift, grab blue key, open blue bar, get RL and grab red key, and get back to the blue bar before it finishes closing. Dunno if 9 is at all possible non-TAS.

I beat some times in both tables,
but this demopack will take forever to complete (as all other recent ones), isn't it?
I'll better share it now.

Map18
Nomo 0:13
UV-Speed 0:18
NM-Speed 0:19
Pacifist 0:59

pg18.zip

GrumpyCat said:

I beat some times in both tables,
but this demopack will take forever to complete (as all other recent ones), isn't it?
I'll better share it now.

Map18
Nomo 0:13
UV-Speed 0:18
NM-Speed 0:19
Pacifist 0:59

Nice demos!

Demo pack will probably take awhile, but I doubt it will go completely inactive ever; even if no one else will be recording, I'll still be filling up the tables. I'm thinking I might make a demo pack thread here in case people don't want to bother with Google Drive.

Map 19: Closer to Hell
UV-Max in 2:13 (was 2:26)

Uhm, I used PG-RAW.WAD, but only now I saw that Cannonball used PG-RAW-X.WAD in this first post. Is this a problem? There was an issue with monsters refusing to spawn in (see README).

If not, then over to you 4shockblast ;)

pg19uvm-213.zip

Kotzugi said:

Map 19: Closer to Hell
UV-Max in 2:13 (was 2:26)

Uhm, I used PG-RAW.WAD, but only now I saw that Cannonball used PG-RAW-X.WAD in this first post. Is this a problem? There was an issue with monsters refusing to spawn in (see README).

If not, then over to you 4shockblast ;)

I don't believe there is a difference, but you missed the demo pack thread here. I did 19 max already. :P

For that matter, I don't remember any issues with monsters spawning in.

Edit: Looked at the demo that had no monsters teleporting in; actually, you don't wake up the monsters. In order to wake them up, you need to shoot at least once in the area with the secret with boxes of rockets and the switch to open the blue key. It's blocked off from everything else by sound-blocking lines.

Thanks, yeah I missed that thread. I just went on what was on the DSDA. Great run, but man that first minute or so looks super risky. At least for me it'd be.

4shockblast said:

Edit: Looked at the demo that had no monsters teleporting in; actually, you don't wake up the monsters. In order to wake them up, you need to shoot at least once in the area with the secret with boxes of rockets and the switch to open the blue key. It's blocked off from everything else by sound-blocking lines.

Thanks for that, what do you use by the way to check this kind of stuff, Doom Builder? And is this just bad mapping or was I suppose to know that :P

Kotzugi said:

Thanks, yeah I missed that thread. I just went on what was on the DSDA. Great run, but man that first minute or so looks super risky. At least for me it'd be.

Thanks for that, what do you use by the way to check this kind of stuff, Doom Builder? And is this just bad mapping or was I suppose to know that :P

I guess this isn't really bad mapping, though it's a somewhat confusing decision. Maybe the authors didn't expect the player to just not shoot in that area.

What I did to check this is first look at your demo with IDDTx2 on the automap to see where the missed monsters were. Once I saw that they were standing still, it was obviously a case of monsters not being woken up. Then, I used Doom Builder to see how the teleporter closet was setup.

Cheers. I have Doom Builder, just didn't take the time yet to familiarize myself. Last question, on the spreadsheet, are the green times the improved ones?

Kotzugi said:

Cheers. I have Doom Builder, just didn't take the time yet to familiarize myself. Last question, on the spreadsheet, are the green times the improved ones?

Yeah, the green times are the ones that were improved for the demo pack (or were demos for categories that hadn't been done before), red times are from DSDA.

Map 25 UV-Speed in 0:08. Double line skip to save a second.

Edit: Haha, just realized this is also Reality, so it beats my half-assed Reality speed I spent 2 minutes on. Happened to run on the damaging floors at the right times I guess.

pg25-880.zip

kraflab said:

Tyson in 21:03. Also I have strats for 27 in mind that would work non-TAS, so it's definitely doable and should be within my capabilities. 29 also seems a bit less difficult as well, but still probably in insane category and not in my plans.

pg12t2103.zip

32 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

wow! how did you find that glide if you dont mind me asking @4shockblast ?

It's the same geometry as e1m8, so it wasn't hard to find. I had previously also used idclip to determine that I can reach the exit and press the exit button from the place I'd end up at after the glide.