Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Dark Plutonia screenshots?

In the Dark Plutonia development thread Death-Destiny was posting screenshots of completed maps but then removing them after some time as "outdated". Does anyone still have any of these screens? I am working on a Plutonia inspired wad right now and I could really use some inspiration. I've already played Satan's Angel, the only publically released DP map, it was awesome and I'd love to see more, at least on pictures.

You're in luck, Death-Destiny also posted those screenshots on his website and I made a backup before it disappeared. It'd probably be impolite to re-publish the shots, so I'll zip them and PM you a link.

I recall seeing screenies for this project some time ago. Honestly, I never cared for DD's maps all that much, and him doing an imitation of Plutonia felt more like a rehash than anything else to me.

Unless I'm recalling another PL project. Then I'm just an asshole.

Wow, I didn't expect to actually get them, thanks a lot GreyGhost! :) Truly inspiring stuff, just what I needed.

For a moment there I thought there was another Plutonia project coming out. I appear to have excitedly soiled my undergarments for no reason. Thanks.

Hey, GreyGhost, do you mind sending me the shots aswell? Would have been very nice of you =)

sincerely
D-D fanboy

darkreaver said:

Hey, GreyGhost, do you mind sending me the shots aswell? Would have been very nice of you =)

Seconded.

yeah, just post them.

death-destiny has left anyway, sadly, as he mapped quite fast.

Pirx said:

yeah, just post them.

death-destiny has left anyway, sadly, as he mapped quite fast.

Death-Destiny said:

Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete. Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete. Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete. Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete. Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete. Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete. Update: The next map in Dark Plutonia is now essentially complete.

(repeat ad infinitum)

What made it 'dark' anyway? Just seemed to be Plutonia: Remixed. But I'd still love to see the screens nonetheless.

Jayextee said:

What made it 'dark' anyway? Just seemed to be Plutonia: Remixed. But I'd still love to see the screens nonetheless.

there are a few shots on the last page of the original thread, and the maps resemble the plutonia originals closely, so one can see what map that came from... overall a bit of "speedcloning", as someone wrote. and dark... not more than plutonia, perhaps that just sounded cool.

Ribbiks said:

fuck it, just post them :p

I'm not sure how much leeway I have to re-publish screenshots that had been removed from the Web by their author, but I'll post a link here and see how quickly it's nuked.

@darkreaver, Marmetmar & Jayextee - check your PMs.

Thank you GreyGhost! With this title, I expected for something more brutalized stuff, but still good. DDDP161 is awesome!