Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Who'd be intersted in a Doom-related podcast or news show?

Since I deal with Doom-related things at least 2 hours every day, I'm thinking on that I may do a podcast series about Doom-related things (news, new mods, discussed things, etc.) twice a month, for example.

who would be interested in it? I mean, who'd listen to it?

EDIT: Mogul gave me the idea that I may do the same with more "accuracy" and then, it wouldn't be hard to make a news show, one a week for example. what about that?

Could be interesting. Maybe you could include a brief report on /idgames submissions or something so you always have something new.

I would likely listen.

idgames submissions and discussion
mods
competitive scene news (IDL, QuakeCon, Odamex/ZD/Zandronum news, etc)
Doom 4 news
occasional special guest interviews (content creators, top competitive players, etc)
poignant topical discussions with co-hosts/guests

Mogul: it rather sounds like some kind of "news", which would be an even more awesome idea, but need more work too. I really can't look for competitive scene news, since I'm not active in their forums, and somehow I don't even want to be yet, since I don't have much time to play in multiplayer modes.

However, I may think it over.

Matt: I don't know much about them.

Katamori said:

Matt: I don't know much about them.

You should get acquainted with the show. Some of the episodes are quite entertaining.

There's already TangoTV, which I think deserves more attention and involvement from the community. Why not contribute to that? It's been pretty interesting so far, they already do interviews and discuss a wide range of doom-related subjects.

Why duplicate efforts? Alfonzo has said before that Tango TV is open to accepting new programs. You should contact him and see if he is interested in your idea. Perhaps you could make a test episode to show him you know what you're doing.

Hey there, Katamori. As a couple of folks have already mentioned, the proposition is largely covered by the existing Tango TV (doomradio.org), an ongoing podcast series dedicated to providing listeners with interviews, discussions and insights surrounding the Doom community. Although there's nothing to stop you from creating your own show as you see fit, I'd definitely consider having your own program become a part of TTV. With a slightly more narrowed objective such as focusing on news or /idgames specifically, you'd be filling a hole not currently covered by TTV's wider and more generalized podcast, Program B.

It's up to you, ultimately! Spin me a PM if you're interested and I'll tell you more. Perhaps we can get something set up :)

Will Antroid be a weekly special guest? If the answer is yes, I'll tune in.

Job said:

HAHAHA you made my day! :D anyway, it's just an idea, I don't have neither time nor patient to create BebopVox-style weekly show for Doom.

Job said:

Seconded!