Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

If We Landed on Europa, What Would We Want to Know?

A robot capable of landing, drilling underground and able to swim in case of real ocean is present? Good luck constructing that.

MRB_Doom said:

If We Landed on Europa, What Would We Want to Know?

If the water on Europa isn't too irradiated to be drinkable, and what it tastes like.

Memfis said:

An interesting film about this came out just recently.

That seems like the kind of thing that will show up on Netflix streaming before too long; I'll keep an eye out for it...

I remember watching a video a while ago about what if nasa sent out a probe that could land on europa, the probe then drills into the surface with some sort of robotic instrument; the guys who were narrating the whole video said that it would take at least 1-2 weeks for it to reach the H20 layer of the inner planet. Then the instrument swims around the water and searches for any sings of life. This is all off by memory though.

EDIT: Found it

We would like to know how much America/China/Russia etc would like to stake a claim for. UN won't be enough to stifle the big superpowers from their pressures in wanting a share (assuming the land is profitable).

Oh, and if the benefits of Europa would be applicable to me in my lifetime. If yes, cool, if not, I don't need any more info.

I'd want to know if there's any pools of fart that instantly freeze whatever is thrown in there so I can throw ewoks in there and watch them shatter at the bottom. I love ewoks but I can't resist shattering them like that because they're so small and cute.

And also if the gravity is low so I can do it in slow motion.

SavageCorona said:

I'd want to know if there's any pools of methane that instantly freeze whatever is thrown in there so I can throw ewoks in there and watch them shatter at the bottom. I love ewoks but I can't resist shattering them like that because they're so small and cute.

And also if the gravity is low so I can do it in slow motion.

I believe you mean Titan. Back to Saturn VI

EDIT: @Below message: Europa is water ice anyway. Maybe I'll put an easter egg in Eridian Twilight.

I STILL WANT TO DO IT ON EVERY PLANET AND MOON.

EDIT: @Above post, I don't care, make a machine that converts water into methane so it's lakes of liquid methane so I'm happy throwing ewoks and shattering them.

TheEndOfUs said:

On Phobos, according to Buzz Aldrin

Doesn't sound too reassuring when we all know what the future lies for a certain conglomerate's military bases etc. Seriously though, when did Buzz say that?

I'd want to know why we're landing on Europa and spending the money to go to Europa.