Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

War For Millennium

I can help...just as long as it doesn't involve dipping my head in acid while reciting the Estonian nation anthem backwards.

And if it does, well I can't help you there :)

So if you need me to do something, just contact me here.

If only Lüt or I had a copy lying around of the first thing we ever created in Doom... That would make a nostalgic, goofy hidden level.

It was a brown, square shapped room with harmless brown nukage for a floor and a little hallway that twisted left and right and ended with a switch. Imps and trees were scattered about--probably not much different from a lot of people's first maps, but we were damn proud of it since we created it with no guides, just trial and error. It was Lüt who discovered how to use the "sector define" option in Waded, and I had drawn the lines and placed the objects.

I still remember seeing the first rays of sunlight peek through the little windows in his basement as we watched our little room come up on the screen and our imps attack us......

quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Law said:
are have there been so many projects that ask Doomworld readers to finish it? Kind of lazy don't you think.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throw yourself out a window

:end quote

Sign me up baby, with such a sweet talking beast of a Doomer heading this what could go wrong for the project. Oh wait, there is somthing wrong..!

Law said:

Sign me up baby, with such a sweet talking beast of a Doomer heading this what could go wrong for the project. Oh wait, there is somthing wrong..!

you're not allowed to talk anymore.

Law said:

Heh, the newbie who doesn't even know how to quote is attacking Lüt.

Lüt eats n00bs like you for breakfast, bucko :P

Vominus said:

If only Lüt or I had a copy lying around of the first thing we ever created in Doom... That would make a nostalgic, goofy hidden level.

It was a brown, square shapped room with harmless brown nukage for a floor and a little hallway that twisted left and right and ended with a switch.

No, it was the grey stone + blood maze.

Anyway, I've got more than enough help (it seems) so thanks everybody. =)))

Archvile64 said:

Heh, the newbie who doesn't even know how to quote is attacking Lüt.

or spell. or use proper grammar.

First off, if the resources aren't finised when it is released and the maps aren't completely done, you can always release updates and or new version of the Megawad with a more "complete" structure. As for the resources... those can always be improved after release.

Second, the project is looking good so far and looks to be a hit but if it really comes down to it and it is not finished at release... I for one, will not download the other levels =)

Just please please please don't only release a DOS version of the new .exe, otherwise a lot of us won't have any sound :|

NiGHTMARE said:

don't only release a DOS version of the new .exe

There's not much I can to.

Try being me - I run the project and I can't even play the damn thing AT ALL.

I'm anxious for a Windows version as well, but SoM needs to finish his WinEternity before a WinMillennium is even possible. There sure won't be a WinMillennium for this release, but if there ever is one, it'll be on the site the second I get it.

Lüt said:

There sure won't be a WinMillennium for this release, but if there ever is one, it'll be on the site the second I get it.

is there a possibility of a workaround until then?

dustbunny said:

is there a possibility of a workaround until then?

Apparently there's a new version of the DOS4GW most DOS ports use which fixes WinNT-based compatibility issues, but it costs $50.

And it's still just a DOS emulation, not the real thing.

If it even works.

Since it has its own engine, it isn't possible to play it with another port?

Lüt, I sent you an e-mail volunteering for sounds. Did you get it? Did I send it to the wrong address?
I used the one that was at the bottom of your web page.

Zro said:

Since it has its own engine, it isn't possible to play it with another port?

You can run it in ZDoom, you'll just get a bunch of red and yellow ! marks all over the maps.

As long as other ports don't crash when there's things not supported in them (invalid thing #'s to them) then they can load and run the WAD, you just won't get any of the Millennium-specific features and of course the ammo/monster balance will be way off due to that.

Hyena said:

Lüt, I sent you an e-mail volunteering for sounds. Did you get it? Did I send it to the wrong address?

Right, I got it, I'm just so flooded in emails it's taking me that long to get back to them. I'll get to it in an hour or so.