Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philnemba

There's a new Strife game but its not what you think

So I was randomly goggleing Strife for no reason and found this wiki article of a new MOBA game with the same name as our underrated fps game.

http://strife.com/

Truthfully I wish someone would acquired the Strife IP(even through no one doesn't know who owns it) and make a reboot game like Rise of the Tried.

edit: wiki link was being stupid so link to offical website instead.

Strife is just a word in the vocabulary, it's pretty popular when describing civil unrest or uprising.

I know, I know, "doom" is also just a word, but probably everybody in the gaming industry knows about Doom, I doubt everyone knows about Rogue Entertainment's Strife. In 1996 world was all about Quake, mind you.

SavageCorona said:

They should find out who owns the name and get them to change it. I hate when people do this.

The developers probably didn't even know.

B-b-but they put boobs in it and Strife didn't have boobs because 1996 was back when women were shoved out of the FPS genre because it took too much work to add boobs on a sprite and make it a separate one. With the exception of Duke Nukem 3D of course.

Why did I just imagine Duke with tits?

Philnemba said:

Truthfully I wish someone would acquired the Strife IP(even through no one doesn't know who owns it) and make a reboot game like Rise of the Tried.

That's just wishful thinking that will lead nowhere... You might as well make your own "reboot". At least that has a chance of success, and at the very least you'll learn something along the way.