Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Short painful maps by GRB

you're missing a lower texture on the lift in the first lava pit.

Wicked! Maybe cut off a little of the brown box in the beginning so that you can move around it easier. Also, maybe make the exit on terra firma. Make the exit switch that you have now into a door that opens to an exit chamber.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Nice playthrough dude. Them fucking Pain Elementals, lol.

I know man, they piss me off sometimes.

Played the first two maps, nothing really painful so far for me. :) map01 - lots of opportunities to abuse monster infighting, easy but enjoyable SSG action. map02 - loaded with health and powerups, no need to be careful at all. Chaingun-only action seemed very tedious to me, the only fun part of the map is 4 BFG shots that you can make. The ending looks a bit dickish, you need luck to not get killed on the lift.

40oz said:

i love pain elementals

At times, they can really piss you off, but you can kill it swiftly with an ssg.

I like these. I only wish rooms weren't always full bright. Something as simple as selecting the whole map and setting the brightness level to 160 or 144 can give simple environments a lot more character IMHO.

Yes, I still maintain that map01 is a nice little gem. I still haven't beaten it but I've gotten close. I died at the exit door switch. How will I get to the exit door switch with no rad suit? hmmmmm I guess I need to finish the second half of the level quicker! Unga.

You know, this would be a great theme for a community project or something. To make really small maps like map01 of this wad but each one always having to back track through some hazard to complete it.

Point A -----------> hazard --------> Point B
Point B -----------> hazard --------> Point A
Point A -----------> hazard --------> Point C

EDIT: Blazed through the second half to exit with 5 health. First half of the second level is nice and easy but then it's

lift me up and put me down for the count.

EDIT: Would still be cool to have an exit chamber at the exit switch of MAP01. On Map02 you may want to consider adding a really high ceiling in the start area--a sector just inside the starting sector so that you can be raised up to the heavens by the arch-viles.

EDIT: I saved the Megasphere for the second half of the map and just barely had enough health to grab it! I was running around trying to get the green armor after my megasphere was worn to nothing, but, alas, I was raised up one final time as if I was a God only to be dashed upon the ground in a heap of guts and bones.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll make a few more. I'll add different brightness levels to subsequent levels. I've just been really busy and not able to do much level design for the past few months.