Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fellowzdoomer

Some Screenshots( which has officially turned into a help wanted thread.)

Before it went to where bad posts go to die, i asked doomworld for help on my project. But doomworld was strict and said they wanted proof that I myself would contribute. They didn't believe my words, but I guess a picture really IS worth a thousand words. These pics are proof of my mod.
Click the link n tell me what u think.

http://m.imgur.com/a/T4Sbt

EDIT:

I need help, people. Please.
android dosbox wont let me do 32 maps, so I need a mapper

If u want the lvl themes, pm me.

Well, I see a bunch of flat and nearly empty single-textured areas. I think you'll have to try a little harder to impress people here. ;)

I agree with Memfis. Monochromatic texturing, nearly absence of sensical height variation, and random-like thing placement are quite typical for beginner's work, (please don't offend).

To improve your work, take inspiration from other's good maps, experiment with detailing (but don't overdo it), with height variation, try to create less abstract environments, use fitting textures, try for example a Doom1-like base or some building or emulate actual Plutonia mapdesign for that matter, employ closets with monsters, prepare interesting ways the monsters can attack player...

Something like that. You can do it. Mapping is easy, and making a good map is just a little less easy, you only need to know how on it.

Everything is flat and there's no cover whatsoever and it's just rooms filled with stuff, a specific texture or two, 1 textured floor and 1 textured ceiling.

Looks like the SNes went the route of Number 5 and started creating its own maps.
If the gameplay is nifty it could be great because I like visually minimalistic levels.

Canofbacon said:

Gameplay is what matters the most I guess.

Not necessarily. I've played doom 3 and felt as if doom lost its game play vibe. Some times level atmosphere is enough to make something like this.

Funny thing. This map has a glitch involving the revenants tracer missile and standing and dodging it ina certain spot in that first area. Goes round n round.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Funny thing. This map has a glitch involving the revenants tracer missile and standing and dodging it ina certain spot in that first area. Goes round n round.

welcome to 1995

I behold unto you more screenshots! I'm attempting Casali-bro style mixed in with my difficulty and style.Im also attempting some others suggestions. This is week 3 of this development.

I think you would need to try harder if your aim is, at least partially, to emulate Casali-bro style. You know, just using the same textures and mostly high-HP monsters doesn't make the essence of their style.

Why are you testing with Android? Why not at minimum PrBoom+ or ZDoom?

Oh, now I see why everything is flat, you edit with your phone!?
But you uploaded the same flat stuff, just different textures and decorations like those blue torches in the first shot.

ARRGH! Stupid DosBox Vertexes messed up my lvl. Well, thank god for stupid moments. I have a version without that red - bluetorch and lava spores, so now I'm approaching a more Casali like structure n getting away from flat areas and punching up the design.

You can press the edit button on the lower right of your posts to prevent double posting.

I also recommend investing in a computer of some sort for some mapping, rather than limiting yourself to an Android tablet.

I have some issues at home that are preventing me tp getting a computer. N its an Android phone, not tablet. If somebody made a windows xp emulator, my maps would be way better.

Would anybody know why I'm getting a VPO whenever I try to put the plutonia start teleporter in?
EDIT: I'm spamming my own thread lol. Anyway, more screenshots.

joe-ilya said:

Everything is flat and there's no cover whatsoever and it's just rooms filled with stuff, a specific texture or two, 1 textured floor and 1 textured ceiling.

Cover is for pussies. Real men don't need it.

Fellowzdoomer said:

What do u mean by cover?

Pillars , you know , like the archvile in your stone shots in an open area with no pillars to hide from hes really strong fire power , and the stone will make him get seldomly in painchance to distract hes attack.

SavageCorona said:

Cover is for pussies. Real men don't need it.

I belive your image is broken.