Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chesse20

any way to add mp3 music to a wad using slade

i saw a tutorial for xwe but i use slade and doombuilder and i wanted to know that process that you need doom builder for

Use SLADE3. Create a new entry and call it D_RUNNIN. Select it and click "Import". Find your .mp3. Confirm. You've succesfully added an .mp3 music into your wad. It should change MAP01's music. Be careful, not every port supports .mp3, but I think you're using ZDoom and ZDoom does.

Bear in mind that there are some lingering copyright issues with using certain mp3 files, so be careful what you use. Have you checked with the author of the track if you can use it?

Obsidian said:

Bear in mind that there are some lingering copyright issues with using certain mp3 files, so be careful what you use. Have you checked with the author of the track if you can use it?

i read the comments sections of his videos and hes said multipile times to people that they can use his work free or otherwise in whatever they want as long as they give credit and arent selling his music

Just a tip in the future: if you're ever planning to submit a wad to the idgames archive with mp3's in it, make sure it's your own and not copyrighted.

EDIT: Or if it belonged to someone else, get permission from them first.