Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doggo120

Custom textures not showing on Doom Builder

Yeah, it's me again haha

So I created a couple of textures and added them to a WAD. I also created a ANIMDEFS (betwen PP_Start/End marks, but I've also tried P_START) and set a little animation:

Texture TURB01 Range TURB02 Tics 2

But they're not showing up in Doom Builder :( (and I have the WAD as a resource).

So, what could be wrong? I see that other PWADS use the TEXTURES and PNAMES, but I'm unsure if that's really necessary?

Thanks!

Doggo120 said:

I see that other PWADS use the TEXTURES and PNAMES, but I'm unsure if that's really necessary?

yes it is.

In XWE, double click the PATCHES tab and import your textures. Automatically, a PNAMES and TEXTURES lump will be created so that the wad recognizes the imported textures. From there, just do what you want with the imported textures in the ANIMDEFS lump and it probably should work!

Select all your patch lumps, right-click and Add to TEXTURE1. This will automatically add them to PNAMES as well, since it's a prerequisite for them to be referenced as patches for the new textures.

A cheap hack you can use is renaming your new texture after one of the texture graphics already present in the IWAD. Make sure it isn't used in too many textures though. :) It saves you having to use PNAMES and the TEXTURE lumps.

By the way, TEXTURES is a very different thing from TEXTURE1 or TEXTURE2.