Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doggo120

Error_Fatal on Acs?

After previous post frustration I'm just wondering if anything of the sort can be achieved by Acs or whatever? :)

Why would you want to throw a fatal error from ACS? I can think of no valid reason to do so.

Well, it doesn't have to be a fatal error. Maybe just quitting Zdoom would do the trick haha and its purpose... I can't reveal... Yet :)

Doggo120 said:

Haha not at all, it's actually quite serious

As we all know your work...

On topic, I did some tests and it seems that even infinite-looped scripts are being preventively terminated by the engine, so ACS is not the way.

Spoiler

But you can easily achieve your goal through DECORATE, everything needed is an actor that infinitely loops 0-tic long frame, that kills the engine if it's what you want. You certainly know DECORATE, so... have fun!

Coool that might do the trick!

I know I'm asking a lot of weird stuff, but maybe is there a way to display something after the error? A text? like when ZDoom crashes it says what happened in the window (I guess I'm still trying to emulate the ERROR_FATAL thing). But it isn't really necessary.

Such nonsense has no place in serious mods.

Anything that either hangs or crashes the engine will be considered broken by default and people may not play it as a result.

And no, there's no legitimate way to make a mod quit ZDoom - and that's quite intentional.

Well, I'm not hurting anyone by asking some questions you know. But I think I might have a less radical way of achieving what I want :)

Using Exit_Normal causes a Fatal Error if you specify a spot that doesn't exist. Upon loading the map the crash will occur.

Not that i, uh, would ever use it against you nice folk. Nope not me.