Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Canada: Thought Crime Implimented

Quebec mother awaiting trial for nightmares about killing her children, defence lawyer says

MONTREAL - A mother of seven from north of Montreal is awaiting trial after being arrested in April for dreaming of killing her children, her lawyer alleges.

The 38-year-old mother, whose name can't be published to protect the identity of her children, allegedly told Quebec's child protective services that she had recurring nightmares of entering her daughters' room and stabbing them to death with a knife.

Two weeks after she told her story to Quebec's child welfare agency, police arrested her and charged her with assault with a weapon, possessing a weapon, and for failing to provide the necessities of life.

"I never wanted to hurt my children," the mother told QMI Agency. "There was never even a knife, it was a dream."

Valerie De Guise, the mother's lawyer, told QMI Agency the criminal accusations will likely not stick because they are based on her client's statements to the child agency.

The mother of seven was jailed for 90 days and hasn't seen her children since her arrest.

We can jail people for hurt feelings and now for bad dreams.

Fuck the french!

This is fucking stupid, something you'd think the nazis would've done if they had taken over.

Did "one" person responsible for this arrest taking place stop to "think"? Or is that too much to ask of our governing agencies?

This is actually worse than children being suspended from schools for pointing fingers at people and saying "Bang."

Sounds like there are missing/conflicting elements to the story, as usual, just to make it more sensational. In fact, the story doesn't even imply that the dream was the sole cause for her arrest, but it doesn't clarify the real cause, either: it just says "charged her with assault with a weapon" (did an actual assault take place? Doesn't say).

The possession of a weapon charge may be more serious, but such charges are to be taken with a pinch of salt, as they can be twisted/manipulated in too many ways, e.g. calling an ordinary kitchen knife a "weapon", which would mean 90% of the population is illegally owning a "weapon".

The final charge, "failing to provice the necessities of life" seems to me to be the only real charge with a legal standing here: if after attracting the attention of the authorities with her story she got checked-on and found to be piss-ass poor, then of course she's gonna get her children snatched from her (and probably that was her only "fault"). Her story only provided "probable cause" for the authorities to focus on her, nothing more.

Actually, there is probably a laundry list of charges placed against her. Only Canadians know the extent of the stupidity of our child protective services. In fact, our welfare services are ridiculously inflated in this country, to the point where they need to basically prove their jobs are necessary. If there is one thing Canada has, it's pointless bureaucracy.

One of the sweet ironies is if you come to my quaint town, you'll see a family with children (one adopted) that collects rain water to use.

Ugh. The Sun. You might as well be quoting FOX or The Daily Mail. I'm with Maes. We're not getting the whole story here.

Aliotroph? said:

Ugh. The Sun.

I feel the same way.

Oh, you meant the newspaper. Well, never mind then.

Man, I one time had a dream that I slit my brother's throat. I felt so bad afterwards in the dream that when I woke up I felt a huge sense of relief to know that it was only a dream. People need help when the crime is still nothing more than a mere thought. Only when the crime has been turned from a thought into an action should there ever be any punishment.

I'm sure her children are much more safe in the care of Child Pedophile Services now. Sexual abuse of children are almost guaranteed when being handled by the state. Fuck you New World Order Canada! Traitors of humanity.