Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

official doom toy

I seem to recall a thread where we already discussed this. Anyway, I suppose there's a market for this kind of toy. Unfortunately, it does not include me.

i don't mind it, but i still think it looks dumb, especially for a 20th anniversary Doom figurine. i'd expected something like a small sculpture of the Quake 3 model of Doomguy for such an occasion.

He's so cute I want him.

I also laughed at "Toy may not be suitable for children under 16" as if some 15 year old is going to pull its head off and choke on it.

Thinking about pulling its head off makes me want to cry.

Not my cup of tea either. No Doom related toy should look cute IMO (unless it's a cacodemon, of course. Cacodemons ARE cute as hell).

schwerpunk said:

I seem to recall a thread where we already discussed this.

Yep, that we did and they're a bit cheaper in the other thread. Still thinking of buying one.

SavageCorona said:

Thinking about pulling its head off makes me want to cry.

What's wrong with throwing it into a lake of methane and watching it shatter?

Fernito said:

Not my cup of tea either. No Doom related toy should look cute IMO (unless it's a cacodemon, of course. Cacodemons ARE cute as hell).

i'd totally make a caco plushie if i could. either that, or a lost soul one.

Doomhuntress said:

i'd totally make a caco plushie if i could. either that, or a lost soul one.

Ohhhh please do one! What's stopping you?

Ehh, it's just too "cutesy" for my tastes. It's the DOOM marine, but that still doesn't stop me from being unfond of big-headed collector figures. I'd rather have a "serious" DOOM figurine on my desk.

Doomhuntress said:

i don't mind it, but i still think it looks dumb, especially for a 20th anniversary Doom figurine. i'd expected something like a small sculpture of the Quake 3 model of Doomguy for such an occasion.

They're too lazy to make him detailed so here:A cartoon marine...Sad , just sad.

Make one with a "pedo/sexual predator doomguy" face (whoever saw the thread I'm talking about, can't unsee it) and then we're talking.

AWW, CHIBI DOOMGUY. SUPER KAWAII DESU!!!! =^_^=

But seriously... it's cute. I want one.

I think they got the face design from that intermission screen where he is swiping blood from his mouth

Zed said:

The BFG looks like a video camera.

I thought it was a bastardized plasma rifle of some kind.

Still, the image of that toy has been useful for me for custom thumbnails for youtube videos since it stands out from other thumbnails. Plus, it does look rather silly.