Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

I Knew Rush was Nuts...

Rush is a puppet being paid to spew political nonsense just like all of the mainstream media outlets in the US. Why people eat this crap up and claim its the "truth" I will never know. Anyone with any common sense should be able to see right through this crap.

Rush is a moron. He claims that conservative republicans want to eliminate government from people's lives the most?! Religious-freaks are a drag on the republican party. The GOP will continue to lose every upcoming election until they stop trying to ban abortion. I don't consider myself republican (or affiliated to any political party for that matter), but I generally agree with moderate-republicans the most. Fuck Rush Limbaugh, and his ditto heads.

Both DEM and GOP campaigns are funded by the same interests through different lobbying/interest groups and have been for years. The same groups also give large "donations" and pay millions to mainstream media outlets the world over for political campaigns and political commentary. The FCC forces mainstream media outlets to keep a record of every cent given to them by political interest groups, lobbying firms, ect. The records are of course closed to the public and every time the FCC and other groups attempt to force the mainstream media outlets to make these records open to the public, they lawyer up and claim the first gives them the right to hide these records from the public.

Canada and other countries where American news organizations are allowed to broadcast have passed laws that govern what new's outlets can broadcast and force them to present hard evidence for what they claim to be the truth. If a media out let gets caught lying or can't present evidence to prove what they claim they are yanked off the air. Since Canada passed it's law Fox News has not broadcasts in the country and the rest of the news outlets have been forced to greatly edit there news casts. Americans should push for the same laws.

Came here expecting story of an Alex Lifeson cannibal act. Now extremely disappointed.

Satyr000 said: Since Canada passed it's law Fox News has not broadcasts in the country and the rest of the news outlets have been forced to greatly edit there news casts. Americans should push for the same laws. [/B]

When did this happen? I saw FOX on the TV recently.

Who listens to mainstream trash these days anyway? They are so over and done with it's completely irrelevant what comes out of their mouths. FU Rush.

Marcaek said:

When did this happen? I saw FOX on the TV recently.

The laws must have changed. If I remember correctly the law was passed a while a go. The laws where part of the Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-308. http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2011/2011-308.htm

If it didn't get passed or was taken off the books. I'd be pushing to get it back.

SavageCorona said:

Is it a requirement of the law to vote even if you really don't care?

No, but you have no right to complain if about the results if you don't vote.

Rayzik said:

That statement may hold some legitimacy if the States didn't run a two party system with both parties having the same objective.

Oh right, I forgot, you can always vote for the Green Party...

Well, fox has enough of a reputation in Canada that I see no harm in broadcasting it here, honestly :V

Kontra Kommando said:

Rush is a moron. He claims that conservative republicans want to...

Rush is pretty smart. He claims whatever he thinks his current listeners want to hear and makes bags of money.

Rush might've been relevant once, but that was before he realized he could just blather on about nothing while making money. I should try it.

Not like the Libs have anyone better to listen to either. Why I don't listen to AM. Sports and shitty news broadcasting from two idiot parties just ain't entertaining.

Ralphis said:

Rush is pretty smart. He claims whatever he thinks his current listeners want to hear and makes bags of money.

True.

I used to say the same thing about George W. Bush. Everyone thought he was a moron, but he knew enough to get most of what he wanted done, unlike Obama.

Kontra Kommando said:

True.

I used to say the same thing about George W. Bush. Everyone thought he was a moron, but he knew enough to get most of what he wanted done, unlike Obama.

Obama has been giving up tons on lip service to so called issues while picking up right where Bush left off. Obama is simply dancing on the same strings Bush did.

Rayzik said:

This statement makes my blood boil. What if there's no-one running that you support? You lose whether you voted or not, so why bother?

I live in Northern Ireland where coalition is mandatory because our political system is completely tribal, and we have NO say in who becomes Prime Minister, despite supposedly being part of the UK. I haven't voted in over ten years because there is simply no point. The result is always the same at local level.

Satyr000 said:

Obama has been giving up tons on lip service to so called issues while picking up right where Bush left off. Obama is simply dancing on the same strings Bush did.

Obama is certainly falling in line with the neo-conservatives in terms of foreign policy. The surveillance-state has also grown under Obama's administration. Moreover, he is also in bed with major banks and corporations, as they were big contributors in his elections. But there are certain issues they differ on, such as gay-marriage, stem-cell research, abortion, education, social services, and military expenditure.