Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThreeDog

DooM Marathon Charity Fund

Hey guys, I figured this was the best place to tell people about the charity event I will be holding on Saturday.

http://www.gofundme.com/42mqb0

I grew up with DooM as a kid and I couldn't think of a better game to be playing for an entire day straight

I'm not asking directly for donations, just a bit of exposure to help a good cause happen

Good luck with this. Depending on how comfortable you are with the games, it could be over pretty quickly. Also, are you going to play NRFTL, ROE, and Lost Mission from id as well?

BloodyAcid said:

Good luck with this. Depending on how comfortable you are with the games, it could be over pretty quickly. Also, are you going to play NRFTL, ROE, and Lost Mission from id as well?

I'm not a mad man! I haven't played much Doom as of late, but I used to play it all the time as a kid. Depending on how well it goes I may add in the doom 3 expansion, as BFG edition doesn't work on my PC for some reason..

Great idea, and nice splash graphic. In the future, I think you'd get more interest from the actual, dedicated Doom community if you played a megawad like Doom the way id Did or Alien Vendetta (both great megawads for DooM and DooM 2, respectively, without being too hard).

Still, this is a really cool idea, and I'm glad I now know about it. Will definitely be checking in on your Twitch feed at the very least. Just make sure to post a reminder here when you actually start streaming. Should net you a few more eyeballs that way, which hopefully will multiply once they tell their friends.

Oh, and good luck! :^)

schwerpunk said:

Great idea, and nice splash graphic. In the future, I think you'd get more interest from the actual, dedicated Doom community if you played a megawad like Doom the way id Did or Alien Vendetta (both great megawads for DooM and DooM 2, respectively, without being too hard).

Still, this is a really cool idea, and I'm glad I now know about it. Will definitely be checking in on your Twitch feed at the very least. Just make sure to post a reminder here when you actually start streaming. Should net you a few more eyeballs that way, which hopefully will multiply once they tell their friends.

Oh, and good luck! :^)

Thanks, appreciate the positive feedback!
I figured that the original games would draw a more nostalgic audience in, but if this goes well I'll be looking for other things to do, so that might be one of them.

Any viewer helps! I'll also be getting friends to spread the word during the actual stream, just relies on people using twitter and the like to get the word out.