Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didierbertrand

100Lines Demos [-complevel 9]

Joe, please consider reading our introduction thread. No need to read all the super-technical stuff, but skim through it and soak in some basics.

Now in this thread, what you want to do in order to have people enjoy your demos:

- Label them properly. See the pattern everyone's using? 1t or 1n identifies the wad, the following two numbers tell what map it is. Then there's the category identifier, that's a bit of a code, but for UV Max/Speed you simply put minus/hyphen there. Then there are three numbers for the exit time in form of minutes seconds seconds. Your map25 max would be 1t25-611, your map15 speedrun would be 1t15s123. The "s" specifies secret exit and I put some placeholder numbers for time, because I haven't watched it. You don't need to follow the naming convention strictly, but it's the local etiquette.

- Put a textfile with information about the demo in the zip archive, preferably with the same name as the demo itself. Specify details about the demo in this textfile. IWAD and PWAD used, map number, your port (or exe) of choice, demo category, exit time, recording date, maybe some commentary. Just download someone else's demo and have a look! You can steal a template you like and start using it regularly.

- I've mentioned complevel, because you started using prboom-plus. This is very important! Your demos are complevel -1, which means you haven't specified any and the game was using your custom settings. That's not how we record, because we want everyone's demos to behave the same, as intended by authors of the wad. As the thread title suggests, it is complevel 9, which means "Boom behaviour". Simply add "-complevel 9" to your command line. With the hyphen, without the quotation marks.

That should be all you need to know right now. Please don't ignore it.

Rizera said:

100lineT MAP14 UV-Max in 1:43

First exit, so shouldn't be hard to beat.

Map 14 UV Max in 1:35
First exit below Rizera's after scoring 1:44 and 1:45 before hand. Massive lols at the fail where me and the cyber take each other out.
So this is my first demo since the fall of the Berlin wall I believe :P
I've been ninjaed again I see lols

1t14-135.zip

Thank you for following the advice, joe. Just be aware that you're not using prboom-plus-2.5.0.6. Your demo says 2.5.1.3, which could be either the latest stable or 2.5.1.4-test. You probably copied that over from a template, I guess.

EDIT: To be completely precise and a horrible killjoy, I should also point out that you don't need to spell out "speed" in the demo name. UV Speed and UV Max share the same labeling and people distinguish them by time, heh. In your case it'd be 1t32-007 (remember, min-sec-sec in the last triplet), which is Bond-cool.

100LineT Map 14 UV-Max in 1:16.

Got this time on my very first try. Tried for a few times to lower it, but I could not, even though this is obviously very beatable.

1t14-116.zip

joe-ilya said:

How did you do that? I can't corpse exit.

Usually Doomguy needs to move to the exit direction in the moment of death.
Then corpse has much less height and slide by inertia under the bars.

joe-ilya said:

How did you do that? I can't corpse exit.

Maybe you're playing with default compatibility level where death exits are disallowed? Play with -complevel 9 and they should work fine.

joe-ilya said:

100lineT MAP16 UV-speed in 0:28

Uh... I already did the map Pacifist in 0:01. You can just jump across the gap in the beginning; you don't need to raise the bridge.