Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SavageCorona

Want to put Blood on my non-Steam shortcuts

The title explained it.

I have the GOG.com version, and I have the -conf dosboxBlood.conf -noconsole -c exit parameters after it like a normal shortcut so it doesn't just run dosbox.exe then have to type it in and have it run in a tiny window. However, whenever I run it, DOSBox comes up then it disappears and closes. Am I doing something wrong? Did I set up the graphics mode improperly (It's running in Direct3D)? I just want people to know I'm playing it so they don't bother me while I'm playing it, since it's worked in the past but the overlay doesn't work. I'm definitely doing the same as before, so I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Maybe leave off the -noconsole and -c exit parameters and see what errors are printed in DOSBox.

Copy the target field from the "Launch Blood" or whatever GOG shortcut to the Steam shortcut. Here's my Duke 3D shortcut:

"C:\GOG Games\Duke Nukem 3D\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "C:\GOG Games\Duke Nukem 3D\dosboxDuke3D.conf" -conf "C:\GOG Games\Duke Nukem 3D\dosboxDuke3D_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit
You're probably only loading the settings config, not the one that actually runs the game.

I had issues with adding non-Steam shortcuts to the Linux version of Steam because it sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. This prevented, for example, my simple Zenity Chocolate Doom launcher from working. Prepending LD_LIBRARY_PATH="" to my shortcuts fixed it. Maybe there is something similar going on here.

Can you use a batch file to load it from steam instead of the executable? I've never tried, but perhaps that would work?